Part 21: Assumption

A/N Hi, dear lovely readers. I know it's been ages, since my last update. And I'm deeply sorry for that. I'm not a multitasking person, so I need a specific time (when I'm not busy with my assignments) to write the story. So, I hope you guys can wait patiently for the updates. Thanks.

..................................................

[Sean POV]

It was 7 am, when I checked at the time on my phone.

"Why I woke up this early?"

I heaved a sigh.

"And, now I can no longer fall back to sleep."

The truth is I couldn't have a nice sleep at all, last night. Because of my mind and my heart was in a mess. I can't stop thinking about Peter; about how to fix our relationship back to normal. And now, I ended up thinking about it again and again. An endless thinking.

Today is Saturday. Usually, I would plan a hangout with my family. But, I ended up heaving and regretting about the unfixed mistake that I had done in the past.

Is there anyone out there can tell me what should I do?

Later on, I decided to get out of the bed and headed back to our bedroom, to wash my face. I knocked on the door before entering the room. Stepping inside the room and checking for Peter, but to no avail... he wasn't there. Neither on the bed, nor in the bathroom. It left me with a puzzle.

"It's only 7.30 am now. It's unusual for him to wake up this early on weekends." I talk to myself while brushing my teeth.

After done washing my face, I headed downstairs, trying to locate my husband whereabouts. It's worrying me.

..................................

I walked into the dining room, where the table was barely empty. There's nothing was served on it. And then, I went into the kitchen.

"Oh! Mr. Sean... you woke up early, today. Do you want to have a breakfast? I can prepare it for you." Asked Janice, our new housemaid. Not that new actually, she has been working with us since Freya 3 years old. We hired her to help Aunt Ross with the house chores. Since, Aunt Ross is barely capable of doing heavy chores.

"Do you know where Peter has been to? I couldn't find him anywhere." I ignored her question, instead.

"Pete has gone early this morning. He said that he wanted to cycle around the park." Answered the familiar voice; Aunt Ross.

So, he went for a cycling? I thought that he had left...that's a relief then.

"Sean, here. I made you a coffee." Continued Aunt Ross while placing the cup of coffee on the kitchen counter.

"Thanks, Aunt Ross." I said while taking a seat on the wooden stool. "What about Frey?"

"I'm sure she still in her room, sleeping."

The aroma of the coffee wafted in the whole kitchen; hmmm... it smells so nice. I sipped in the coffee and the caffeine really does work on my body. I felt refreshed.

"Janice...what's with the lunch boxes?"

"Oh! I thought you knew about it." She said while placing a plate filled with 2 toasted and scrambled eggs, in front of me.

"Know what?" I was being confused.

"Mr. Pete asked me to prepare some foods, because he want to go for a picnic this evening."

A picnic? I bet he just wants to go with Freya.

"He didn't tell you, Mr. Sean?" Asked Janice.

"No, he did not."

"Maybe, he wants to surprise you and Freya."

"Mmm-maybe." I smile bitterly.

...........................

Freya and I were entertained ourselves with jigsaw puzzle while waiting for Pete to come home.

It's 12 noon, when he returned. I wonder how many laps did he try to achieve by cycling from morning until noon?

Is he going to sign up for Olympic or what?

Jeez! Sean... you still got some nerves to mocking him!

"Dada...you're home." Chirped Freya and ran towards her Dada, leaving me alone to finish the jigsaw puzzle.

"What are you doing, princess?"

"I'm playing jigsaw puzzles with daddy."

"Wow... that's brilliant of you. Did you finish it?"

"Not yet..." She left her Dada and came running towards me, back.

Peter neared us and settled down on the couch. None of us said something. Seriously, it's awkward, not until Peter broke the silence.

"You better finish this before we go for a picnic."

"Picnic? Are we going for a picnic, Dada?" Surely, Freya would be excited to know about the plan. Because, I didn't even say a word to her about Peter wanted to surprise her with a picnic.

"Yes, we are..."

"Yeay!! Is Daddy coming too?" Frey asked me.

I somehow got frozen, because I didn't know what kind of excuses should I tell my daughter this time?

I turned to have eye contact with Peter, in hope that he will help me out, since he is the one who doesn't want me to go to picnic with them. But, he said nothing either.

"Urmm... Frey... I don't think that-

"Of course, daddy would tag along with us, Frey." This statement was stated by Peter; himself.

Listen to this statement put me into shock and awe. I did hear it right, right? He wanted me to join them too!!

Is this mean that Pete was beginning to open up his heart to forgive me?

.............................

We were at the park, Peter was playing Frisbee with Freya and I was being a spectator, watching them from afar and stuffing myself with food prepared by Janice.

Both of them looked so happy, especially Frey. This makes me reminisce the past, when both of us were still in the good terms. Maybe, Peter has really opened up his heart to forgive me. I really hope, it is true.

"Daddy!! Come play with us!" Frey shouted out from a distance.

"Okay...wait for me. I'm coming..." I replied her.

I went to stand in between Peter and Frey. We formed a triangle shape position. 

Looking at Peter's direction and making an eye contact with him.

"Is it okay with me playing together?" I asked him.

"Yeah, why not?!" He answered it bluntly.

A smile formed inside me, after he said that. It seems like my assumption is right. Peter had begun to lower down the wall between us.  

And, that evening...was the best evening ever, I spent together with my family. It's so much fun and laughs.

........................

On our way home, I talked to Peter. "Thanks for allowing me to join along."

"I did it for Frey. Do you think she would be this happy, if you not tagged along?"

"Yeah...of course. Everything is just for Freya."

Somehow, it's hurting me to learn that truth.

That's why there's a phrase that said, "Don't put your hope too high. If someday, you learn the truth, you won't feel so hurt."