Part 17: Help me

A/N: Hey guys! I will try my best to write the 2nd Book as well as the first one. But, if it turns out bad, please do keep on supporting me. As usual, I'm sorry for any grammatical errors. Enjoy your reading and don't forget to leave any comments and click the star button. Love ya. TQ:)))

...............................................................................................................................................   

[Peter POV]

After one week I was on medical leave, I returned back to the office. Everyone in the office was bidding me with greetings. Smile was exchanged and 'Good morning' was also replied with 'Good morning'.

"Jane, meet me in my office." I said to Jane, my assistant as I passed by her desk which is just opposite to my room.

"Yes, sir. I'll be there in a minute."

I get into my room and straight to my desk. As expected, there are a few files laid on it.

Minutes later, Jane walked into my office with a diary book and a pen in her hands.

"Please take a seat, Jane." I offered her a seat.

"Thanks..."

I took out my laptop and placed it on my table before I touched down the 'On' button.

"So, how're you doing, Jane? Is everything alright, for the past week?"

"I should be the one asking you that question, Pete. How's your recovery?"

"As you can see...I was as fit as a fiddle now. Actually, my injury wasn't that bad...to the point Michelle needs to give me one week MC."

"Michelle just wants you to have a good rest. You know her, right. She always takes good care of her subordinates, especially you and Heather. So, just grateful that you've got a long break from work."

"Yeah! You're right. But, I'm still worried about Emma had to handle the cases alone."

"Don't need to worry about that Pete. Michelle already assigned Heather to help Emma on that."

"Oh, I see. That's a relief then."

"But, you still need to go through all of these files. It is the report made by Emma."

"Yeah, okay. I will. So, do you have my schedule for this week?"

She opened the diary. "Actually, for this week you didn't have any new case, yet. But, I think you need to assist Emma in handling the new case she received from Heather. And...the day after tomorrow, Michelle asked you to accompany her to a dinner with a client. And...-

"Before I forgot...I need you to remind me about my daughter performance by this Thursday. And, clear my schedule on that day too."

"Alright, noted." She wrote everything I said in that diary.

"Is there anything more, Jane?"

"I think that's all for now. If there's more, I will inform you later."

"Alright...thanks."

"You're welcome, sir." She got up from her seat.

"Jane...wait a minute."

"Yea?"

"Where's Emma? Why I didn't see her at her desk?"

"Oh! Emma had informed me that she will be coming in late, today. Because she needs to meet with a client early this morning."

"Oh, I see. Then, tell her to see me when she got back later."

"Okay. If there's nothing else. I will excuse myself first."