Part 30: A nice talk

A/N Hey lovely reader, here is the new update for this 2nd book of Accidental Marriage. I apologize for being late. It is not I'm a full-time writer... I'm still a student with an abundance of the assignment I need to settle with. So yeah, I'm sorry dears.

What do you think of the progress of this story? Please, let me know in the comment.

And for those who haven't read the first book of Accidental Marriage, please check it on my profile page. And, as for the 2nd book, I will try my best to write as good as the first one. But, if it turns out bad, please do keep on supporting me. As usual, I'm sorry for any grammatical errors. Enjoy your reading and don't forget to leave any comments and click the star button. Love ya. TQ:)))

.................................................

[Sean POV]

"Good morning, professor."

I turned to the direction of where the greeting came from and to my surprise the person who gave me morning greeting was, "Fredd! What are you doing in here? You suppose to be in England don't you?" I asked being shocked.

"I've told you didn't I, that I will return to England by this Thursday."

"Oh, yea... sorry, I miss my calculation. By the way, what day is today?"

Fredd paused for a moment from flipping through his file and shifted his attention towards me. "Are you playing a trick on me, Sean? Today is not April's fool right?"

"What trick are you talking about, Fredd? I'm being serious in here." I put on a stern voice.

Freddie was smirking. "Why so serious, buddy? Today is Wednesday... are you okay or not? All of sudden asking a weird question like that..." Freddie was mumbling and continuing with his work; ignoring me.

He looked so busy at that time and I don't want to disturb him. So, I went to my table and proceeded with my work too.

About half an hour passed, since both of us concentrating on our works and just let the sounds of keyboard typing and papers flipping filled the quiet atmosphere. Then, out of sudden, I smell the coffee wafted across our office. "Here, your coffee. I make one for you." Said Freddie who was standing right in front of my table, holding his favorite mug in his hand.

I took the coffee made by Freddie and poured it down my thirsty throat before I said, "Thanks, Fredd."

He just answered it with a short humming, "Urm!"

"Are you done with your work?"

"There's nothing much really... I just organizing my file and notes. I need to bring it tomorrow."

"Oh!" I answered him lightly.

I don't really pay attention to him, and focusing my eyes on the laptop; preparing for my next lecture.

"I'm asking you whether you're okay or not... but you not answering me. And now you're ignoring me. There must be something that had happened, right? Look at your face, so pale and soulless like that... are you sick or what?" He asked being worried and then, he leaned closer to me and used the back of his free hand to touch my forehead. "You're fine. Not having a fever or anything."

"I woke up late this morning... and even missed my morning class. So, I don't have time to grab my breakfast... that explains my pale face."

"Huh?! Did you miss morning class? That's the rarest thing ever happen to you, professor. You never once missed your class before. What happen? You couldn't get enough sleep last night?"

The scene from this morning was screened inside my head. How the nightmare that invaded my dream had caused me to wake up at 5 am. Then, the feeling of loneliness that becoming my lullaby had caused me to fall back to sleep. Without I realized it, I had fallen into a deep sleep and only woke up at 9.30 am.