Part 23: It's time for a goodbye

A/N: Dear lovely readers, thanks for those who are still waiting patiently for this update. I'm really sorry for the late update, I've just finished with my exams. So here is it, as I've promised. The new chapter 🎊🎊 Happy reading, even though this is not a happy chapter.

And for those who haven't read the first book of Accidental Marriage, please check it on my profile page. And, as for 2nd book, I will try my best to write as good as the first one. But, if it turns out bad, please do keep on supporting me. As usual, I'm sorry for any grammatical errors. Enjoy your reading and don't forget to leave any comments and click the star button. Love ya. TQ:)))

[Peter POV]

I put Frey on her bed slowly and gently; didn't want to wake her up, before I covered her with a blanket. A goodnight kiss was given by me on her forehead and I left right after that. Somehow, there's a tiny voice calling out for me, right went I was about to leave, "Dada."

I turned around and saw my princess eyes were wide opened.  In a second, I returned back to her side.

"Aren't you sleeping? Did I wake you up?" I spoke, almost whispered.

"No, you're not."

"Then, why're you waking up? Or...is there something bothers you?"

She just shook her head. Again, she called for me, "Dada..."

"Yes, what is it? Tell me, I'm here..." I hold onto her hand.

She looked up to me and said, "Thank you for today. I had so much fun." She smiled. I swear that it was the beautiful smile I've ever seen in my life. And, I'm gonna captured it and kept it tight in my memory.

I caressed her cheek and returned a smile too. "Yeah, me too." I replied to her.

"Can we do it again, Dada? Play together again like today. Can we do that?" She asked.

All of these questions cause me stunned and speechless for a moment, because...I didn't know what should I reply to her when I'm gonna leave her, tomorrow. I don't want to give her a false hope anymore. The hardest part was, I couldn't tell her that. I just can't tell her that I'm gonna leave her. And, I can't either tell her that I don't want to play with her anymore.

Gosh! What should I do?

"Dada...can we do it again?" She asked again.

The best I could do is, not letting her wishes down. "Of course. Someday, we will play together again. And, Frey...next time, even if I'm not around... you can just ask your daddy to take you to the park and play together with you, okay?" I told her the things that she wanna hear. That's the best I could figure out.

"Are you going somewhere, Dada?"

Oh god!

The moment she asked me that question, while looking directly into my eyes; I felt like I'm gonna broke into pieces. But, I need to stifle it. I'm not going to let Frey saw me crying, not in front of her.

"No. I'm not going anywhere, sweetheart. I'm just talking about... the time when I was busy with works. So, you should ask daddy to go with you." I lied.

"Yeah...okay, Dada."

"Then... you should go back to sleep." For the second time, I kissed her a goodnight kiss.

"I love you, Dada."

"I love you too, princess. Sweet dream." I left the room immediately. Closing the door behind me and I ran into my bedroom.

I closed the door and pinned my back onto it. Seconds later, tears began to crack off my eyes. I can't hold it any longer. It's wrecked my heart to tell a lie to my daughter while looking directly into her eyes.