Part 25: Finding reasons

A/N I will be trying harder to write the next part as soon as possible. Please do give your support for me to finish this story... TQ dears ❤️❤️❤️
............................
[Peter POV]

"So, what're we come here for? Don't tell me that you want to do medical checkup prior to your departure." Heath kept on mumbling non-stop. Not until I told her why we were here; at the hospital.

"Of course, not. I've told you just now that, I need to visit someone before I left."

"And.... that someone is.... who?"

"Nick," I said straightforwardly. Even though, I knew she would mad at me for coming all the way here, just to see him. But, I've already immune to her nags and madness.

"Okay... Nick, huh?! Who is this Nick, again?!" She looked rather confused, and not steamed up.

"It's Nick Dalton. Is that name ring a bell?"

We even had to stop in the middle-way of the hospital's lobby, just to help Heather to figure out who is this Nick Dalton.

Jeez! This woman can't be serious... why out of other time, she got to be an Alzheimer's, at this hasty moment!!

"Nick Dalton was Sean's ex-boyfriend!" I even stated his status that related to my husband. If she still can't recall that, then I will just leave her to figure it out by herself.

"Oooo.... now, I know who he is. You should tell me sooner that he is Sean's ex-

She stopped from running her loud mouth for a mere second and turned her shocking, yet confusing face in my direction in a slow-mo.

That look, I knew exactly... what is that mean.

It means, CODE RED!

"I think we should move now, Heath. I've got a plane to catch, later."

And, as always... I never succeed to escape from her. She holds onto my arm, tightly before I managed to escape myself from her.

"Pete, tell me what're you going to do with him?" She stared at me with a doubtful and suspicious eye. "Don't tell me that you wanna revenge him by taking his soul?"

"What?!! Sh*t!! I'm not a grim reaper, Heath!! And, I'm a civilized man, plus a lawyer. I will never do something that will tarnish my name or my career. That's totally absurd, Heath!" I stated clearly and sternly that I totally had zero intention of harming Nick.

"Then, tell me why you wanna see him? Besides, how did you know he was hospitalized here?"

"I asked Freddie about it. And, as for the reason why I wanted to see him... I'm not sure. It's just that I wanted to see him before I left, that's all."

I looked at her and she was like giving me 'You can't be serious!' look.

I chose to ignore it, and stick to my plan. Continue steps forward headed to Nick's ward.

"But, Pete, this guy is your husband's mistress. Are you sure about it?"

"I don't think that is the right word to label him." I even slipped a chuckle, because it sounds absurd to call Nick as a mistress.

"It is the perfect name for someone who is stealing another person husband."

"But, a mistress is referring to a woman. Nick is a guy..." I continued debating with her until we arrived at third floor; Oncology unit.

Wait! Why I even bother debating this silly thing with Heather?!! Urghh!! I'm totally losing my mind.

"Since when you're discriminating between man and woman?"