♠️17

I've learned that you can't find happiness through ANYTHING these days. They will put you under, no matter how good/bad you are.

If no one else believes in you, you have to believe in yourself.

Thank yall! 🖤 Yawl are the best readers ever.

~

"What's this?" I asked entering our house with an envelope I had found sitting on the porch.

I had just came in from gardening and It's been about three weeks since I left the hospital and my wound was healing really well, Jahseh was good as hell with this hospitalizing shit.

"Probably just junk mail." He said, shrugging as I plopped down on the couch.

I ripped it open, ignored his statement and read it out loud. "I know what you did to my brother...You better watch your back." I looked over at Jahseh, confused as hell.

"What the fuck is this?" I asked

"Wait, what?" He asked taking the mail from me.

"You haven't done anything to anyone... except those two police officers... what did you do with them?" I asked.

"I drove the car into a ditch deep into the woods, I had to jump out that bitch before it went in. That shit hurt." He laughed, but I found not a damn thing funny, if anything I was scared as hell.

"Do you think one of the cops had a brother?" I asked.

"I don't know know and I don't care. But don't worry, I'm not letting anyone come near you, Nola. I promise." He said grabbing my hand.

I was definitely worried about it at first, but I knew he would always protect me so I pushed the thought to the back my mind.

"Okay..." I said, He lifted my chin and planted a soft kiss on my lips.

~

I heard a door creak causing me to open my eyes. It had to be like three something in the morning, why was he up?

I decided to go see what was going on, so I got up from my bed and walked down the hallway into Jahseh's room.

And he was in bed...

I walked over to him. "Jahseh get up." I said shaking him. He slapped my arms away and turned around, mumbling under his breath.

I yanked the covers from his body and he shot up. "FUCK! Nola, what!?" He yelled.

"I think someone's in the house." I whispered.

"Nobody's in here, please go back to sleep." He yawned.

"Can I sleep in here with you?" I asked.

"Come on scaredy cat." He said with a slight smirk.

I climbed into bed next to him as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Feel better now?"

"Very, thank you." I answered. And after a few minutes of silence, his soft snores filled my ears. And once I closed my eyes,

I heard footsteps.

I shook my head... I'm hearing things... but I kept hearing them, getting closer, and closer.

"Go check that room, I'll check this one over here." The voice said.

I hurried and shook Jahseh causing him to groan.

"Shut up. We have to go. People are in the house." I whispered.

"Again?" He asked, then out
of no where a door shut. "Aw fuck."

"Come on." I said pulling him out the bed.

He opened the door and quietly slid out of the room. I followed very closely behind him.

We were almost to the stairs when someone grabbed me from behind.

They put their hand over my mouth and my heart dropped as soon as I felt the cold piece of metal come in contact with my skull.

Rule #6: Show no fear Nola!! Show no fucking fear.

I relaxed and prayed a silent prayer in my head, I guess my silentness made him mad, so he pressed the gun harder against my head.

"I told you to watch your back." The man said causing Jahseh to turn around.

My eyes widened once I saw another man come up behind him.

"But once again, you ain't watching ya back." The other man said behind him.

Jahseh turned back around again and the man sent a hard blow to his face and then another one to his stomach.

The guy quickly put a piece of cloth to Jahseh's mouth, causing his eyes to roll to the back of his head...and he was out.

I couldn't take it no more, I screamed, cried, kicked and squirmed.

I couldn't commit to rule #6 as of right now, it was over.

"Don't worry, it'll all end soon..." The man said behind me.

Then he pulled the trigger.

~

THE END , SERIOUS THIS TIME 🖤