♠️37

"Are you sure you wanna go to a dinner?? Don't you remember what happened last time?" I asked.

He smirked, "Yeah, I remember.."

"Not that! I'm talking about almost getting arrested!" I said, reminding him.

"Good point. We'll go back home and I'll cook up some shit." He said, smiling as we walked out the mall.

"You cook?"

He laughed, "Duh, I had to learn how to cook if nobody else was gonna do it for me."

I nodded and as we kept walking and me being the lazy person I am, my legs started hurting.

I stopped, causing Jahseh to look back.

"Why you stop?" He asked.

I held my arms out, "I'm tired..."

He sighed and bent down in front of me. I hopped onto his back and he started walking again. "You getting heavy... I must been hitting it right."

I laughed and laid my head down on his shoulder. We didn't say anything else the whole time.

I was on the verge of sleeping but he told me we were home. I just realized how tired I was, I didn't feel too good either.

I yawned and hopped off his back. "You tired?" He asked.

"Kinda." I yawned.

"I'll cook some tomorrow... You can go to sleep." He said.

I opened the door, "No..."

"Nola come on," He said leading me to the room.

He helped me get into the bed and when he walked away, I pulled his arm.

"Stay with me please." I said.

Shit, why was I so damn tired?

He climbed into bed with me and wrapped his arm around my waist.

Then I got a sick feeling to my stomach. I rushed to the bathroom and began throwing up.

Jahseh came in after me and bent down, pushing my curls away from my face.

"It must've been that popcorn or something... You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah.. I'm fine. I always get this way when my period is about to come." I mumbled still bending over the toilet.

"What if--"

"NO. That's what birth control is for."

He sighed, "Oh yea.."

I stood up and started brushing my teeth. I hate the taste of throw up.. I'm pretty sure everyone does.

When I finished, I looked at him.

"Are you still tired?" He asked. I nodded and we went back to the room.

He stayed with me until I fell asleep.

****

"Hey... Pooh bear." I heard a faint voice say. I opened my eyes and saw my mama. Jahseh was no longer in bed with me.

"Where's Jahseh??" I asked.

"He's making you breakfast." She smiled. Wow.

"You're principle said you're suspended for a week. It was only 3 days but I did a couple things that I wasn't supposed to do.."

"Sheesh ma, What happened?"

"Nunya, but I'm off to work.. Bye." She said, kissing my head.

"Bye mama."

When she left, I lifted myself off the bed and stretched. I still didn't feel so good but I was hungry.

I walked into the kitchen and saw a plate of food on the table. My mouth was watering at the sight of this. There was some grits, eggs, toast, and waffles.

Let me tell you. I. Love. Grits. I can eat them all fucking day. I swear.

"You staring and shit, you betta eat before I do." He laughed.

I sat down at the table, "What are you gonna eat?"

"I already ate." He said sitting on the other chair. I nodded and got a spoonful of grits and stuffed it into my mouth.

~

"Yeah so I'm suspended for a week." I said. We we're just talking right now after I had 3 plates of food. Yes 3.

"You must of fucked her up then." He said and started laughing.

"I know, I did."

***

I was over the toilet, throwing up again.

"You need to go to the hospital. Right now.. Let's go." He demanded. I wiped my mouth with the towel and stood up.

There was a sharp pain in my stomach, making me bend down.

"It hurts..." I cried. Jahseh picked me up bridal style and carried me to the car.

He went back inside to, I'm guessing, tell my mama. He came back out after a few minutes and sped to the nearest hospital.

~

"Nola Price?!" Someone yelled from the double doors. Jahseh raised his hand and helped me walk over to the lady who had called my name.

"Good-morning, if you would, please follow me." She said leading us to one of the many rooms.

"Here's you're room, the Doctor will be here in a few." She said, Jahseh nodded as she closed the door behind herself.

He sat me down on the bed then sat on the chair beside me.

After a few minutes of waiting, there was a knock on the door and a male doctor in his mid 40's came strolling in.

"Hello. I'm Dr. Hillard. What seems to be the problem?" He said as he placed a pair of latex gloves on his hands.

Jahseh spoke up for me, "She's having serious stomach problems right now. There's sharp pain and she's throwing up constantly. She can barely even walk."

"I see.." He moved over to me. "Lay down for me please." I did as told and he lifted my shirt up.

"What are you doin?" Jahseh snapped.

He's bein over protective, cuteeee.

"I'm checking..." Was all the Doctor said. He pressed down on the middle of my stomach. "Does this hurt?" I shook my head.

He pressed down on my lower stomach and it hurt so bad. I winced in pain and moved his hand away.

Dr. Hillard nodded and backed away, writing down something onto his clipboard.

"When was the last time you two had unprotected sex?" He asked.

"What kind of question is that? I'm NOT pregnant." I assured him.

"Yesterday..." Jahseh said.

Why was he answering this? How can you even be pregnant the next day? Signs don't kick in that fast.

"Did you ever think you could be-"

"I CAN'T. I'm on birth control!" I yelled.

"Birth control isn't 100% preventable. It's a slim chance you can be pregnant. The signs are showing. Just to be sure, go pee in this cup." He said handing me a cup from one of the cabinets . "We'll take some tests."

*

What yawl thinkin?

More conflict coming... ;) Prepare yourself.