Chapter 6

I awoke to the smell of eggs, bacon and someone bouncing on my bed. "Stop it." I mumbled.

   "Wake up. Its past one, the day is wasting. How much sleep could you get?" A young male spoke.

   The covers were slipping off so I tugged them. Apparently I used more force than I intended because whoever it was jumping fell off with a thud.

   "Um, ow!"

   I sat up and looked over to see my little cousin Jordan on the floor.

   "Jordan? What are you doing here?" I demanded.

   "I got bored at the Thompsons so Dmitri and Declan brought me here."

   Yesterday's events rushed back to my conscious. This is lovely.

   Something is different about me. Yesterday's pain is long gone, replaced by a glowy feeling.

    It's almost as if I ate a unicorn. Nothing can go wrong, I can do anything.

   Wonderful. Zayden softly said.

   I took a long look at Jordan and noted how little he looked like his father. His mother was written all over his youthful face. Cropped oil black hair and big amber eyes that framed his face perfectly. Like Ruby he's fair-skinned and when he puckers his lips they formed a flawless heart.

   His eyes are bright and full of life and happiness, the way they should be.

   "Do I smell breakfast?" I had to smile down at the happy boy.

   "Yup. Scrambled eggs, bacon and two chocolate chip waffles. Cold but still edible." Jordan climbed onto my bed and sat on my lap. "Here" he reached across me to the nightstand that held the food.

   "Syrup?" I took the food.

   "Forgot. I'll get you some orange juice too." He hopped off my bed and ran out of the room.

   I nibbled on a strip of bacon when someone knocked. "Come in." I said loud enough that they could hear.

   Declan stepped in and my heart stopped. Me and Declan alone in my room. Stay tuned folks! I thought sourly.

   I could feel Zayden roll his eyes (if he had any that is).

   "Hi." Declan went to sit on the left side, whereas I am on the right.

   "Hey." I smiled weakly.

   "I wanted to talk to you about..." he let his voice trail off.

   "Yes?" I prompted.

   "You see- you and I-" He was cut off by Jordan's voice.

   "Can I come in?" 

   "Alright." I wondered when the door closed.

   "Mel, maybe- what's he doing in here? Is he bothering you? I will out a dent in his hide if you want." I failed to mention Jordan has been in karate since age three, and he knows about Declan's crush and my annoyance towards it.

   I laughed. "Nah, we're just talking."

   Jordan was guarded as he came around the bed, placed the juice and syrup on the nightstand, and climbed over me till he was seated on my left.

   "Go on." Jordan encouraged.

   "Maybe another time." Declan started to rise.

   "Just tell me." I said.