Chapter 27

Next, we've got Cherry. Who is like my favorite female character. There's SO much more to her then what we've seen. Rachel Korine, from Spring Breakers. Wasn't crazy about the movie, but she stuck in my mind.

   Songs- I am Woman by Jordan Sparks. Can't hold Us Down by Christina A. and Big Girls Dont Cry.

   All for Cherry.

   Vote!

   Comment!

   Kill Walkers!

*

   Everyone was now on their feet, except for me, I was sitting on a love sit with my arms crossed and a satisfied smirk slapped on my smug face. "That's an advantage, yeah?"

   "A big one." Brooke gave me a winning sort of grin.

   Jordan clapped his hands, "Now we need a game plan."

   The adults went off all at once. All chattering and discussing blah blah blah blah. Headache much.

   "What do you think Melody?" Reason loudly said, making the adults face me.

   I grin, "Go to Enchantment, and act as if everything is normal. Train hard and long for a full week. Learn everything we possibly can. I have a great advantage here. Zayden can help me."

   "And then?" Reason pressed.

   "Then we Elementals put that shit talking puta in her place. There is nothing out there stronger than the four elements. That's what we need to remind the Enchantains and ourselves." The last part severely impressed me. Maybe I can do this.

   "It will be hard." Dad warns.

   I take a moment to consider myself. I'm sixteen, barely a junior in high school. I can't parallel park to save my life. I'm a class-A nerd. I'm a smart ass. I obsessed over two boys at the same time who are not famous (however briefly). I squeal at the sight of spiders and avoid the gum scraping dentist. First time I ran over an animal I cried for three hours. My socks never match, chocolate is my love and I hate the shape of my nose.

   Can I really take on Darkness, any form of it? Am I too childish? Is my attitude horrible? Is this something I can do?

   All my fictional super heroes flash in my mind.

   Harry Potter took on the Dark Lord, and he was seventeen. Simba had to fight his own uncle. Luke Skywalker battled his father. Aang faced the Fire Lord. Doctor Alan Grant had to save a bunch of people from dinosaurs. Tris Prior faced her own fears and beat them. Percy Jackson is Poseidon's son and he goes through Olympian problems all the time. So much more, just too lazy to go through my nerd guilty pleasures.

   They might all be fictional but they faced evil in some kind of form. This isn't a game, book, or movie, it's life. The time has come for me to decide what kind of life I want to have, the type of person I want to be. Am I a true Gryffindor, or am I just a poser? Hell no. An amazing idea pops in my head.

   Please do not follow through with it. Zayden pleads.

   I raise my right hand. "I solemnly swear I am up to no good. I promise to Hakuna Matata and earn my... honor!" I grinned while my back up nerds (Kyle, Ali) laughed, "And I will be selfless like Abnegation. Honest like Candor. Kind like Amity. Intelligent like Erudite. And brave like Dauntless. This is how I shall rule."

   Nerd. Zayden teased.

   "Amen!" Kyle shouts.

   "Preach it sister!" Aliyah cheered.

   "Oh, bien, ella es un perdedor.(Oh, well, she's a loser)" Reason grumbles.

   "Usted no ha dicho que cuando me hacen cosquillas.(You didn't say that when tickling me)" I fire back.

   His lips quirk and I knew he wants to smile. Like it's that bad to smile.

   Dad gave me an odd look, "That doesn't give us an answer."

   "Enganar!(Fool!)" I exclaim, "I don't care how hard it will be. I made that swear because I plan to take back Enchantment, and do so under that oath."

   It surprises me how deeply I care about a place I've never been to and only just learned of. Enchantment rings with the familiarity of home, of somewhere to belong. Is this your influence?

   No little wave. Enchantment is in you, as it is with every Elemental.

   "How do the rest of you feel about this?" Brooke asks.

   Kyle and Aliyah immediately start reciting me. Ester, Dmitri and Declan make fun of Kyle and Ali. Jordan said, "I want to be there already!" Vivian and Zane shrugged. Anna whispers in Cherry's ear and they giggle. Reason remaines still, not letting on if he cared or even felt anything.

   Dad claps his hands, "It's settled then."

   "Enchantains won't know what hit 'em." Cherry smirks.

   "Neither will Lau- whatever her name is." Ester laughs.

   "Ready to go to Enchantment?" Dad smiled.

   We nod eagerly (well, not Reason, obviously he's too cool for us. Loser).

   Dad, Traci, Hope and Jupitar raise their hands. Suddenly gravity was gone and I was thrust up into air. We float around weightlessly for a moment before we move upwards.

   I stare in horror as the ceiling came closer. I throw my arms in front of my face to provide some protection. I wait for the painful impact, but it never comes. We pass through harmlessly and continue up and up and up.

   Being extremely high in the air doesn't bother me, knowing we'll break through the atmosphere and be in space if we kept going does.

   My father and the other adults appear at complete ease, not even batting an eye. Us on the other hand were a mess. Dmitri and Ester held onto each other in a steadfast manner. Anna and Vivian were screaming bloody murder while Cherry, Kyle and Aliyah contradict them by laughing. Zane, Jordan and Declan chat easily, as if we weren't shooting up in the sky like human rockets.

   As we continue our way up, our speed increased. I could see the clear path to outer space, we travel to it, not planning to stop until we broke through.

   I was on the verge of having a full on panic attack. Then there was a hand on my shoulder, "Hakuna Matata." Reason said, trying to keep a straight face.

   I laugh for the both of us, "Hakuna Matata."

   I did as he advised and tried to ignore how good it felt to have his warm hand on my skin. It's just a hand Mel, get over it. Yeah, but it's his hand. Jesus.

   Once we were in space I didn't freeze, choke, or anything. Sweet. Take that science!

   It's really pretty. All the stars close in the black vastness. I'm not able to fully appreciate space, the final frontier because a moment later we pass through some invisible barrier. The land before my eyes had the same out line and continents, seas and other crap like Earth. Dad was right, it's an exact replica, only a hundred times more better.

   As we near the ground our speed decreased drastically and we had a surprisingly gentle landing. Not Dmitri, somehow he fell to the ground.

   "Welcome to Enchantment." Dad gestures extravagantly.

   Welcome home little wave. Zayden corrects

   I gasp at the sheer beauty of it all.

*

   Ahh, YASS!

   FINALLY IN ENCHANTMENT!!

   It was time to get past all the talking mumbo jumbo. Time for action!

   In the next chappie we see Enchantment, the kingdom, and a few surprises.

   Hoped you liked it!

   Continue with life now!

~Peace