Chapter 26

Hello my Perishables!

How have yall been?

The chick above is Sarah Snook, great for Vivian, all she needs is glasses and boom!

Song- Halo by Beyonce, Perfect by Pink, and Who Says.

Vote!

Comment!

Party hard!

*

"The boy knows his stuff." Matt said, looking over Reason with slightly fearful eyes.

"It's the way he was raised." Hope lightly laughed. Reason, Cherry and even small Anna gave Hope a deep glare full of hatred and annoyance.

"I have more to add." Reason says, "Cleo is an immortal, she has time and patience. Laufeia is an immortal allied with Darkness, her patience is waning."

"Meaning?" Hope snapped, irritated at his lack of answer.

I got this one, "Meaning it's us she's going to challenge. She's waited long enough, so she'll attack soon. Laufeia wants to kill us and take our spot as Enchantments rulers."

Reason's lips twitched, "Exactly. We won't have time to develop our powers before she comes."

"Explain her blunt attack on Max." Jackson ordered.

Jordan's turn, "To remind you all of your own mortality."

Dad ran a hand down his face, an action I've come to learn as a sign of stress "We can't let you kids walk into your own death trap."

"We do actually," I said, for once the wheels in my head were turning, "Laufeia doesn't know we know about her Cleo bullshit, yeah?" Dad nodded, "That's our advantage. I say we march to Enchantment, control our hybrid powers and expose her."

"She has the side of the people. I think at this point they wouldn't care that she's with Darkness." Dad said.

Grief overcame me. Dad's words were like a punch to the heart. As he called them, the Enchantains don't have faith in us, in me. They haven't even given me a chance to prove myself, to show that I can indeed protect them. I don't want my future people drifting away from the path of Light. No, this simply won't do. The creatures I'm supposed to one day rule, have no hope in me. That stings.

I shake my head, "We can win them back."

Dad then started babbling about crap not even a politician would care about. Which is saying something.

Zayden! It's about fucking time you do something! I shouted.

Agreed little wave. Tell them of my presence and that I am willing to help.

This definitely floors me. I expected more Yoda BS, but no. Excitement bubbles inside me and echos through my voice, "We have another advantage."

Dad smiles at me like I'm Jordan's age, "Yes?"

"Zayden."

"What about him?"

"He's in my head." Yip, not getting stared at like I've gone mad. Maybe I shouldn't have said it in such a perky tone.

"Mel, that's not possible." Brooke gently said.

"I can prove it!"

Prove it! I scratched at Zayden.

An unseen force crashes into my body, making me stagger back a few steps. I lose my balance for a second.I bring my hand up to-wait, my hand is by my side completely still. I move my mouth to talk, nope, not working.