Chapter 41

Coronation day for our awesome Elementals!

Excited to read this? I hope so!!

VOTE!

COMMENT!

ENJOY!

*

"Ouch! I will turn you into ice." I threaten. Getting my hair pulled was ever an experience that I enjoyed. I pull a strand in between my fingers and admire the fiery color it has. Normally by now I'd have to redye it to keep this shade alive but since I discovered my ability to paint things with a single thought I haven't had to use human ways.

"Oh, shh." Xiba said, giving my hair another painful tug.

I'd been woken up at the crack of dawn just for this. Xiba is my official hair dresser and a light hearted mermaid. She's kind enough but waking me up before I've had my ten hours is a big no-no. It's almost like having an older sister who wants to spend time with you even if you don't.

"Finished!" Xiba expertly ran a hand through my hair for a last time, adding what I think is muse.

The door opens and Doug enters with Seth carrying a train of sparkling blue fabric. They each hold an end and are being cautious of letting it hit the floor. "The dress." Seth grins. I'm really starting to like this boy because should he and Aliyah find their happy ever after then Seth will join the Elementals in what we expect to be a long life.

I groan, "You do realize I'm short." I don't see a beautiful dress but a natural Melody disaster.

"Shh." that was Xiba's favorite word for me. She wanted me to be this girly girl and adore being a princess but I'm not. I'd rather deal with the political side of being royal than playing dress up. When I'm named Queen of Enchantment I'm going to make a law stating that royals can wear sweats and still must be acceptable.

"You will look stunning in it." Doug smiles kindly. I love my two guards.

Kiss ass. Zayden chuckles.

"Kiss ass." Seth muttered.

"I'll have to make sure you get a fat Christmas bonus Doug." I stand, smoothing my Harry Potter pajamas.

He laughs, "I'm holding you to it."

Then I think, They have Christmas here?

No, but something close enough. We call it the Saint Nicholas Celebration. It's a joyous occasion. Zayden said, sending me a few images of what Saint Nicholas Celebration would look like. I'm actually excited to see it for myself.

They leave and Xiba helps me step into the waves of fabric. Once she's done tightening the ribbon on the back she gasps, "I knew you could be a lady."

She turns me so I'm facing a full body mirror. I too gasp. My fiery red hair is twisted up in an elaborate set of knots to form a bun. Xiba did my make-up earlier; my violet eyes popped and my lips are a shimmering pink. The dress is a strapless deep sea blue ball gown with blue reflective sparkles that begin lightly below my breasts and end heavily on the bottom, like snow falling to the ground. The material reminds me of flower petals and flows nicely around my legs.

"Well?" Xiba impatiently awaits my reaction.

"I look like such a girl." I complain but I do like my appearance. I want Reason to see me dolled up as it will be a rare thing. Being with my Beloved is a slow process because while we're getting used to each other I've been launching my own investigation. I've been doing much reading about past Elementals and trying to find out what I could about Elemental mating. So far, no luck.