Chapter 21

Vote!

   Comment!

   Follow!

   Enjoy!!

*

   A few minutes passed by in comforting silence. I'd been watching the cars drive by on the street below when I noticed Reason putting his hand in his pocket to pull out a pack of cigarettes. I watch closely as he got one and put it between his full lips. Coming back into reality, I saw him snap, causing his pointer finger to catch fire. He then brought his fire flickering finger to the tip of the cigarette and lit it. He took a small puff and I inhaled the disgusting scent of nicotine.

   I tug the cigarette out of his mouth and threw it to the city below. As he angrily reached for a second one I took the entire pack and hurtled it from the roof.

   "What is fucking wrong with you? I need those!" He glared at me.

   "Smoking teenagers aren't cool." I state.

   "You think I give a damn?"

   "You should. Your blackened lungs are thanking me."

   "I'm eighteen. I don't have to listen to you." He snapped.

   "Smoking teenagers aren't cool." I repeat.

   "Puta(bitch) you owe me a new pack." He hissed.

   "Listen up, Chimena(chimney)." he snorted, "just because I throw your stupid smokes away does not mean you get to call me a puta. Okay Lloron?"

   He stared at me enchantingly then pulled out a joint.

   "That's weed." I point.

   "I know. Being so uptight, you should try it. Soothes the soul." He brings it to his lips.

   Before it can make contact, I snatch it and toss it without a second thought.

   "Are you fucking serious!" He stares at me incredulously. "That's medical!"

   "Yip, and I'm the first lady." I say, ignoring the small flame that danced in his black eyes.

   "So it's over the counter." He sighed, calming down slightly.

   "Anything else?" I cautiously ask, hoping the weed was the last of it.

   "I only do those two. Now some hobo will find both and be one happy motherfucker." He glowered at me."What's wrong? That Kyle guy not fuck you properly?"

   I blink stupidly. Surely I'd heard wrong. "Come again?"

   "Kyle. What, he didn't hit your g-spot?"

   Rage I didn't know I contain builds in me. "Why the fuck would you say that?"

   He scoffs, "Everyone saw you two exit the same room this morning. Not hard to put two together."

   "I'm a virgin asshole!" I screech.

   It's his turn to blink stupidly. "You're a what?"

   "A virgin estupido(stupid). But then again you've probably never even heard the word." To think I felt bad for judging him prematurely. I was spot on.

   "My mistake."

   "I expect an apology." I cross my arms. He snorts. "You. Owe. Me" I say in pauses.

   "You're pissed." He stated.

   "No shit."

   He reached in his pocket(how much crap can one guy carry?) and pulled out a small clear bottle of Jack Daniels. Anger spiked inside me and I was about to throw it when he said, "It's not alcohol, just plain ole water."

   He opened and sat it in between us. "Move it."

   "What?"

   "You're a mermaid. Water. Move it." He encouraged.

   Flipping bipolar SOB.

   I stared at him. "Then you'll apologize?"

   He nodded, "Then I'll apologize."

   See? He is not that horrid. Zayden spoke up.

   He's miles past horrid.

  Everyone you encounter will take time to get used to.

   I let the subject drop. "I don't know how."

   "Do I need to reawaken the tiger?"

   I could still feel my rage boiling and simmering inside me, "Nope."

   "Let your instincts guide you. Let your anger take control. Water is no longer a substance; it is you, and you are it." Reason instructed.

   I nod and pick up the tiny bottle, angling it so I could see the water inside.

   Doing as Reason said, I let my rage take over. My head buzzes and my fists ache to hit something.

   Remember the glow. Zayden reminds me.

   I stare at the bottle, imaging the water inside glowing a soft blue. Thats all it takes. My fingertips are once again tingly, the sensation hasn't happened in what feels like years. It's easy to forget all my problems and what a douche Reason is. I let the feeling flow from me and past the thin glass to the water.

   Tipping the bottle, I let the water smoothly slide out, still controlling it. The water is a shapeless blob, hovering.

   I flutter my fingers and the blob takes on the form of a squid. I laugh, "It's Squidward!"

   I turn to Reason, who'd been blatantly ogling me. He realized he'd been caught and turned his attention to the water squid.

   I smirk then wave my hand. Squidward surges forward to Reason's face, makes contact, and thoroughly wets him.

   "There. I moved the water." I stared at him expectantly.

   "Melody." My heart lurched when he said my name. Why? "You need to know, I don't apologize to anyone for anything. But we made a deal." He paused, then his gaze bore into me, "Melody, I'm sorry my words offended you."

   "Thats it?" I question.

   "I can't apologize for shit." He shrugs.

*

   Uh-oh. Little bit of tension.

~Peace.