Chapter 17

To whomever has stuck with my story thus far.

   From now on my annoying presence will be leaving author's notes.

Vote!

Comment!

Follow!

^^^And those too. At first I didn't because I know that "bothers" some people. But please, click the cute little star. And if you don't like the chapter, message me so I know what to fix.

   Lastly, bug me. I mean it. Bug the crap out of me!! Even if it's only one person.

   Enough of me....

*

   "Melody? Wake up. Mel? We're here. Let's see those gorgeous eyes." An unknown (and very annoying) person said.

  "Mel, please wake up. I need you." A child said and my eyes flew open.

   Jordan's face was worried and tense but loosened when he met my gaze.

   My car was parked and I could see that we were outside a fancy hotel. The car was empty, but Jordan was on my lap and the door was open that way Declan and Zane could peak through.

   "What's going on? Where's everybody?" I rack my brain for what could've happened.

   "The hotel. You're dad's gonna explain all this crazy shit." Declan answered.

   "Come on." Jordan got off my lap. He took my hand and tugged me out, holding onto me as if I might disappear if he let go.

   "I haven't given you a piggyback ride in a long time. You're older, but do you want one chorro?" I smiled kindly.

   Jordan's face brightened. "Why not." We paused and I bent down a little and he hopped on easily.

   Inside the hotel it was warm and bright.

   Kyle was there, he came to us and said, "They're in a room." He started for the elevator and we followed like dutiful ducklings.

   We got in and he pressed the button for the top floor. The doors opened and there was a long hallway but only one door. Kyle opened it and we went inside behind him.

   The room was huge and full of people I know.

   "Please sit down, this will take some time." Dad said.

   We sat with the others, who were either on the floor or couch. I took the floor and put Jordan on lap.

   "You all recognize some of the adults around me. I'll let them take over." Dad glanced to a woman who nodded.

   The woman is drop dead beautiful. Straw yellow hair and deep blue eyes. "Hi kids. I'm Traci Beneit, Esters mom." I've met her once, long ago, and she doesn't seem to have aged at all. "And I'm an angel, leader of them."

   A nerdy looking man with glasses spoke up next, "Like Traci, I'm an angel. James Price, Vivian's father."

   The next woman I knew (and loved) "I'm Brooke Starr, mermaid, Aliyahs mom."

   I frown. She didn't say she was Dmitri's mom.

   "I'm a werewolf, Dmitri's mom, and my name is Megan." This woman appeared to be Brooks's twin.

   "Whoa. Back up. My mom? Brooke, why is she saying that?" Dmitri asks, desperate, as Ester soothingly rubbed his back.

   Brooke sighed, "Dmitri, baby, you're not my son. You're Megan's."