Chapter 30

Now we have the great Dmitri!!

   I found him the hardest to find an actor for. Mainly because I had to find a male who resembles Ali(Vanessa Hudgens).

   My friend actually suggested Avan Jogia, who I think fits. Before he grew a rat on his upper lip.

   His songs- Sexy Back, Bet On It, and Sexy and I Know It.

   Dmitri is very vain, but in the best way possible. Who to love him better than him? Maybe only Ester can challenge that love.

Vote!

Comment!

Love my adorable cousin Adien who is questioning the internet!!

*

   I hop down, "Who're they?" I stand in front of Squishy, meaning to shield him.

   "Dhampyr." Matt informs.

   "They are the product of when a male vampire impregnates a female human. Or vice versa." Fay explains.

   "So like Edward and Bella's baby, Renesmee."

   Brooke grinned, "Something like that."

   "What are they doing here?" Ester said in a demanding voice.

   "This room is charmed, nothing can be heard." Dad said, "We can speak freely. They know about Laufeia and can see through her."

   "The Dhampyr are the perfect warriors. The strength of a vampire but the diet of a human. They will eat and sleep, but can go days without either."James said.

   "They are willing warriors. Brave." Fay adds.

   "You twelve are young and vulnerable. Easily ambushed. Your Creature Warriors and these Dhampyr will protect you." Owen said. "Dhampyr, introduce yourselves."

   Immediately the Dhampyr move toward us in groups of two. Aliyah and Vivian squeal, jumping back.

   A brunette with green eyes and a blonde with blue eyes approach me swiftly. My instant reaction was to run screaming. If you saw two body builders walking to you with a purpose, what would you do?

   "Be still Melody." Squishy said.

   He will be a great warrior. Zayden comments.

   The brunette caught my hand, placed a small kiss on it, then bows, fist over heart. Blondie copied. I wait for them to speak, but they remain bowing. Why are they still bowing?

   You must give them permission to rise.

   I scoff, How mid-evil.

   "Rise." I say, they do, "Your names?"

   Blondie spoke up, "I'm Seth."

   "And I'm Doug."

   I nod and mentally file their names into my memory. "I'm Melody, hybrid freak."

   Doug smiles courteously, "You are anything but freaky, your Highness."

   "You're only saying that because I could have your heads." I grin.

   "He speaks of truth, your Majesty." Seth remarks.

   I wave my hand, "None of that 'Highness' or 'Majesty' crude, okay? I'm just Melody or Mel."

   "As you wish."

   The adults had moved to the other side of the room. Seth and Doug quickly went behind me, on either side of Squishy. I turn to them, "The thunderbirds name is Squishy. Be kind and play fair."

   "Normally, you'd have a tour of the kingdom and be explained about the creatures, places and such here." Matt states.

   "Laufeia has disrupted that." Traci said.

   Dad went on, "Instead of that you will spend most of your time training, studying, or in your rooms."

   "You will train everyday from nine to six, your only break will be at one for lunch. Then you will study from seven to ten." Jackson says.

   "Study what?" Jordan questions.

   "Enchantment. The history, things like that." Jupitar replies.

   Dad inspects me, "You only have a week to master your powers. Today is Thursday, and by next Friday we will have a coronation party. Naming you the official Six Princes and Six Princesses of Enchantment and the future rulers. We suspect Laufeia will try something then."

   "You must be ready." Brooke said, importance leaking through.

   "We will be." I was proud at the confidence I felt with those words.

   "Right now it is," Dad pauses to tilt his head a little, "Ten till six. We should head to the dining hall, Laufeia will be there. I don't want you to meet her yet. Dhampyr please escort them to the kitchens. Chef will love cooking for them."

   We exit and the Dhampyr form a kill circle, leaving us and our Creature Warriors in the middle. They lead us through even more corridors, but this time I made a effort to remember where we were going; I love midnight snacks.

   We came to a set of revolving double doors. Upon entering a delicious smell attacks my nose, making my stomach rumble. When was the last time I ate?

   The kitchen was big and full of energetic life. The floor was hard stone and there were half a dozen oversized ovens. Four big walk in freezers and a huge island. Though there was an old feeling, plenty of modern convinces like coffeemakers (praise Jesus!) toasters, fridges, and other kitchen stuff I don't understand.

   "Ho! What is this here?" A round man with a thick neck and sausage fingers made his way to us. His chef hat didn't hide his pointed ears.

   "Chef, these are the new Elementals." Doug responds.

   Chef's eyes land on me, "That's the young Melody!" He picks me up and crushes me into his round belly.

   "Let her down Chef." Seth ordered.

   He did, placing both hands on my shoulders, "You're a jem, you are. Pink eyes and red hair."

   I laugh, "My eyes are violet."

   "Even better."

   "You're an elf." Jordan said the obvious.

   "Fatter then the rest of my brethren, but one yes." Chef bellows a hardy laugh.

   My stomach rumbled again.

   Chef stops mid-laugh, "Darling, you will never make such noises in my presence. What would you like? You name it and I make it."

   Yip, it's official, I love him, "A full rack of ribs with mashed potatoes and gray, but no lumps. Also a side of mac and cheese. For desert I would very much like half a pan of brownies."

   "Coming right up, I see you have a taste for Perishable foods. Worry not, that will be changed." he nudges me, "We'll get along perfectly."

   Chef had his workers set up a table for us. The Dhampyrs and Creature Warriors insist they aren't hungry, but it was easy to spot that lie. Chef was cooking up a storm; we'd all had special requests.

*

   Okay, I've gotten rather lazy, my chapters aren't as long as they used to be. I apologize.

   From now on, Im going to try and make them nice and long.

   If yall want that.

   And one more minor detail...

   If you REALLY LIKE what I write then go checkout my other story, "Playing The Game".

  It's still new and I've no idea where I'm going with it, but I love writing it.

   PTG drifts from the Fantasy side and into more serious matters.

   Go look it up!

~Peace