Chapter 34

What up, people?

Finally an update!

And some news..

I changed Ryders name!

It is now.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Reason!

Yeah, that's right, Reason.

What happened was, I realized how overdone and overused the name 'Ryder' is/was. Plus Melody has been nagging me about it.

So the other day I was surfing the internet, looking for the perfect name for our main guy.

I searched plenty of mommy websites, y'know where mothers compare notes. They had names like Dustin, Axel, Drew, King,and such. I was giving up hope until this one mother had said, "Well, why don't you name the child something you admire, or a trait you'd like him to have. Such as; Lucky, Justice, Honor, etc.."

She gave a few names but the one that stuck with me was 'Reason'. I loved it. It was like, meant to be.

So that is his name now, Reason Mercer Castellano.

Love it, hate it.

Hoping you love it, cause I do!!

The man in the picture is Jeremy Irvine. Handsome, isn't he?

Songs- Demons, Headstrong, Dear Agony and Pain

VOTE!

COMMENT!

*

Finn put us to work right away. Teaching us all the basics; how to hold our ground, block an easy blow, defend our blind spots. Then he made us use every item in the room. There were jump ropes, weights, and long ropes hanging from a high ceiling. There was even a pool nice sized pool on the far left side. Climbing a rope with nothing but the power of your own arms and for Kyle it was a walk in the park. For me and Aliyah, we're sweating buckets.

Then came the fighting. Somehow we ended up screwing around. Finn would sharply snap at us to focus, but it made no difference. Kyle and I would laugh, Aliyah and I would talk about Seth, Kyle and Aliyah would start a screaming contest.

"Melody, sit." Finn orders.

"Why?" I ask, pushing Kyle away from Aliyah.

"Do it." I did. "Eyes closed." Yip, they're closed. "Listen to me, hang on to every word I say. Hang on to the sound of my voice. Picture this. The person you hold closest to your heart is about to die, all you can do is watch. You see the fear in their eyes and you want to save them, but I'm coming for you."

"No." I whisper, the scene too horrible.

"Me and my friends are blocking you, there's no way you can pass. How do you get past us Melody?"

"I kick your asses."

"Oh but you can't. You're a mermaid, you belong in water, remember? You're not built for fighting. You are weak! You can't protect the one you love. You can't even protect yourself."

"I can." It was below a whisper, but it came out strong and fierce.

"You feel that? The fire blazing inside you? The burning desire to protect what is yours. Are you listening?"

"Yes."

"Good. Let the fire roam. Let it eat you. Keep the fire alive as you see us running to you, as your love is about to die." he shouts, "What will you do?"

"I will fight!" I scream back.

"Come on then! Let it out! Fight!"

A scream escaped my throat, but it wasn't human enough to count as a scream. I just let out a war cry I didn't think I'd held. I open my eyes, but not to the sight I expected.