Chapter 38

VOTE!

COMMENT!

*

   I stand on my tippey toes, trying to get a good look on the higher shelf all the while cursing my height. I know I'm a soon to be princess in a castle that rules over every mytical being in existence, but that will not stop my pig tendiences.

   You are to powerful to be doing something this childish. Zayden scolds.

   All I ask for is one damn can of Beefaroni. Is that too much?

   That is, as you would say, muggle food. You should eat better.

    I roll my eyes, I like muggle food.

   Something Zayden said caught up with me. I am too powerful for this- it's a waste of energy

  She sees the light! Zayden praised.

    I go to the walk in freezer, tear open a bag of ice and grab a cube. I hum "Circle of Life" as I put it on the counter and have a stare down with it. I place my hand over the cube and will it to transform. The ice moves and takes on the shape of a can. I push harder. The ice becomes more solid and then ta-da! there's my can of Beefaroni.

    Power is a waste with you. Zayden joked.

   I'd say it's well used.

   I grab a pot and turn on one of the many stoves. My next mission. Get the darn thing open.

    "You can make it out of ice, yet can't open it. Not surprising." Reason said.

   His voice doesn't shock me; I knew he was near because of our Elemental power. But he still had to sneak up on me. Why do I like him?

   Because girls like assholes. Zayden replied.

    "Go to sleep. It's past your bed time." I fumble with the can.

    "I'm older than you." he reminded and watched as I struggle with the lid, "This is sad. Use your power."

    That's not a bad idea. I snap my fingers and off pops the top.

   "Give it." Reason reached his hand out.

    What if he eats it?

   The guy is trying to make a guesture.

   I smile a bit then hand the can to Reason. He taps it three times and gave it back warm and steamy.

   "Sweet." I turn off the stove, grab a fork and dig in.

   "What kind of girl eats Beefaroni at eleven at night." Reason's black eyes have humor shining in them.

   "The kind that can't cook, puta." I say around mouthful.

   "If you're that hungry, I could make you something." He suggested.

   I cock a brow, "You cook?"

   "On of my many talents." he says.

    The only one.

   I surpress a smile, "I don't think Chef would be too happy about you using his kitchen."

   "If it's to feed you, he won't mind." He went to a cabinet and started pulling out ingredient's. "Cooking is a chick thing, you should learn. How else do you expect to feed you husband?"

   I glare at him, "Should I marry and my bitch husband demands that I cook, his ass better get used to cereal and grilled cheese. And Beefaroni, lots and lots of Beefaroni."