Chapter 40

Hey guys!

After this, only two chapters left!

Thank you so much for sticking through with me, the end is so near!

VOTE!

COMMENT!

ENJOY!

*

   I gulp and sank into my seat. The impact if Zayden's words slam into me. Sensing I need the comfort, Reason grabbed my hand. It's strange how connected we already are. I have grown extremely fond for the man holding my hand. But love is still a phenomena I do not understand and probably never will. Yet it is one of the strongest, most pronounce defender of Light, so there has to be something worth discovering even with your heart on the line.

I can't suppress the nerves controlling my body. For all my big talk, all my bravery, Laufeia really does scare me to death. I have an enemy for no other reason than my power and place in Enchantment. Never has this happened in my life, sure I'd stand up to bullies and such nut this is a whole other ball field. A more real one. I could very well die at her hands, so could those around me. I don't want that. I just want her to disappear and leave us in peace. I'm not daft enough to actually believe that. Darkness and Light have a delicate balance. Laufeia is only doing what Darkness wishes and I will follow suit for Light. But I'm intimidated as hell. This is my first face off with a Dark being, what do I do? They should've been teaching us this. Where is the book called, "How to be a total Bad ass in front of your Dark Enemy while still Representing Light" because that is what I should be studying.

All this is just psyching me out. I need to recharge. I take a deep breath and close my eyes.

   You can do this Mel. Go to your happy place. Okay, what's your happy place? Harry Potter! Awesome, now become your favorite characters. Brave, like Harry. Loyal, like Ron. Wise, like Hermione. Funny, like the Weasley twins. Independent, like Ginny. Perspective, like Luna. Grow guts, like Neville.

    I sigh in relief. My odd meditation usually pulls me back up. Right as I'm ready to fall deep inside myself, the door dramatically swings open and in strides a beautiful woman. At first, I see her as a pale blonde with caring hazel eyes. She looks like the type of angel God would send you to act as a personal diary. I wanted to tell her every little secret I had, to have faith in her. Just by looking at her all my walls of defense crumble and I am compelled to trust her. Normally it takes time for me to trust a stranger, but for the woman standing before me, I want her to know every small detail about myself.

   Reason squeezed my hand and I face him. He give a slight shake of his head. In his gaze, I suddenly understood where he is coming from. Reason has a will power firmer than the rest of us. We slip under Laufiea's spell the moment we lay eyes on her, but Reason didn't. Instead, he was able to precept her for who she actually is. Then, I realized exactly how hard it is to earn my Beloved trust, literally earn it. Though everyone won't hand out their faith easily, with Reason, he believes in deserving what you get. So passionately that Laufeia never fooled him. I'm impressed and aghast.

   I blink and turn to the blon- she's gone. In her place is an entirely different woman. This one has thick auburn hair and amber eyes, like Jordan's, but they held no warmth. She's taller than Ester and carries herself with a confidence that only comes with supremacy. Every move is graceful and elegant which must've taken years to accomplish.

   This is Laufeia. Briefly, I got a glimpse of Cleo, and was almost tricked, but this is the woman I need to face.

   Her eyes land on me and I feel their weight. Her expression is cocky and her eyes are alight with menacing. For a moment, I let myself view Cleo, and she is smiling nervously while gazing at me in awe.

   Two-faced puta. I grumble. These are the type of people I especially hate. I go back to Laufeia. She bows, fist over heart. "Elemental Melody. It's such an honor to met you."

   "This bitch." Ali mutters.

   I stand, "Cleo," I say the word with more emphasis then needed, "I am tired of your bullshit." her head snaps up, vicious anger flares in her eyes, "Explain why you've been talking shit about us Elementals." Grandpapa bites his knuckles.

   "Melody, why, I-"

   I glower at her, "You do not know me enough to use my name so formally."

   She meets my harsh gaze but quickly ducks her head, "My apologizes, your highness. I question the strength of the Elementals because I feel you twelve no longer carry the imperium you once did."

   "You're stupid." I say flatly. Kyle laughs but covers it with a dry cough.

   Laufeia pulls her shoulders back and gives me a death glare. I'm sure most have broken under that amber gaze,I feel Aliyah shaking, but I won't. No matter how much Darkness she has, if I live with Light, I'm the one who will remain standing.

   Impressive little wave.

   "I beg your pardon." Laufeia gasps.

   I deliberately walk around the table and stop in front of her. "The four elements surround us. The ground you are standing on, the air that's passing through your lungs, the liquids that run through your body, the fiery desires that drive you. That's all the elements. Enchantment wouldn't even exist had the Elementals not created it."

   "You are wrong." Laufeia says defiantly, "Darkness-"

   "-Is nothing compared to Light." I argue.

   Laufeia's eyes turn into slits, "When Darkness has powerful followers-"

   "-Then Light's even more powerful followers will swoop in." I take a step closer, and though she's taller, I glare boldly, "There is a very sensitive balance between Light and Darkness and it should not be ruined."

   "You forget how cunning Darkness can be." Laufeia says darkly.

   I blink slowly, "Cleo, it sounds to me as if you're speaking for Darkness."

   "I speak for both." what a smooth answer.

   "Very well." I return to my seat, "Tomorrow is our coronation. I do hope you will be there."

   "It's the event of the year, missing it is not an option." Laufeia sweetly smiles then exists.

I collapse in my seat and take an unsteady breath. That took a lot out of me mentally. I rub my temple and try to regain my confidence.

   "Mel, you have some serious balls." Kyle grins, bringing me back to who I am.

*

Hope you liked this!

~Peace