Chapter 25

Up next!

Aliyah!!

Okay, I know, I know. Yet another disliked celeb to be one of our totally awesome female characters. Sorry people, but they just have the look. I won't be offended if you don't like the celebs, I agree with yall. But if you have someone in mind who you think is better, tell me!

And also, her song Firework by Katy Perry. Stronger by Kelly C. and Shake It Off by Taylor Swift.

Vote!

Follow!

Enjoy!!

*

"Any more questions?" Dads eyes scanned us. "We can move on then. What I'm about to tell you is no laughing matter." Dad sent a warning glance to Kyle, who smirked.

"I'm sure you are aware of good and evil, correct?" we nodded, "The battle between good and evil is one that has ragged on and on. Never ending but also never wearing, keeping the balance intact. I'm going to say two words you won't ever forget. Light and Darkness."

A shiver overtook all of us. I'd heard those two words before, naturally, who hasn't? But when Dad said them, it's like they have a greater significant. As if they mean more and should be used carefully, like there really is a balance between the two.

"You will no longer use terms like 'good' or 'evil'. From now on when you associate the two, it will always be Light and Darkness." Dad crossed his arms, expecting us to take him serious. "Light and Darkness have been at war since time itself was formed, neither gaining the upper hand. Until recently." Dad was grief stricken. He seemed to be stressed, it was showing in his expression, from the crease of worry etched into his skin to the glint of sorrow in his eyes.

Brooke patted Dad's shoulder then spoke, "Light and Darkness are unseen forces. Neither one a single person nor thing. They are personified by people like us."

Jupitar steps in, "An example would be Jesus and Lucifer. Jesus is not Light and Lucifer is not Darkness. Jesus is merely allied with Light, as Lucifer is with Darkness."

"And just because you stand by Light it does not make you good." James said.

"Same for Darkness." Hope added.

I wave my hand at Dad, "What do you mean by 'until recently'?"

"A power hungry immortal has questioned the true strength of the elements. She openly mocks us and thinks we have no right to rule Enchantment." Dad heavily sighed.

Owen scoffed, "The bitch is as stupid as she is Dark."

"She wants to overthrow you guys?" Aliyah gasped.

"Our time has passed. She wants to overthrow you." Brooke solemnly said.

I visibly shook as her words sank in. I felt a hand on my lower back. I raised a curious brow at Reason, who yanked his hand back and stared at it as if it betrayed him somehow. Darn it, I stupidly chased it off.

Cute. Zayden said.

"How is she Dark?" Jordan directed his question to Owen.

"She claims to fight for Light, but her true ally is Darkness. She puts up a damn good front, even had us fooled." Owen said.

"How did you find out she's with Darkness?" Ali asked.

"We learned who she really is." Megan shot a sympathetic look to Dad, "She tried having Max killed."

"What?" I exclaimed. I'm not exactly fond of my dad but I don't want him dead. Sure he missed practically my entire life, but he had legit reasons. I wanted to hate him, but he had a planet to rule over. I understood, even though I wish I could be mad with him, I realize there are greater things in the world. Still, it would've been nice to experience at least one father-daughter dance.

"I was in the Sea Kingdom when my guards and two sirens attacked me." Dad rolled his eyes as if guards and sirens were child's play. Knowing him, they probably were. "I knew they were being controlled and I don't have it in me to kill an innocent. Instead I knocked them out except for one siren."

Aliyah nudged me and mouthed, 'Siren'? I shrugged.

"We were able to discover many interesting details from the siren." Hope smirked. "The Dark woman we've been talking about is named Cleo."

"Cleo," Andrea sneered, "how innocent."

Hope bitterly laughed, "Naturally. The siren told us Cleo is actually Laufeia."

"Laufeia is one of Darknesses oldest and strongest followers." Jackson continued, "Thing is, Laufeia vanished so long ago she was forgotten. 'Till now."

"At first we saw her as Cleo. Sweet immortal from our heaven who questions us. Not the first to do that either." Traci added.

"When we knew she was Laufeia though, we saw the real her." Fay finished.

"Laufeia has enough power to fool everyone in Enchantment. Including us. That should not be possible." Jackson growled.

Pssh, growling. Must be a wolf thing.

Zayden chuckled, It is, get used to it.

"Why is Laufeia posing as Cleo? And why is Cleo trying to overthrow yo-uhh- us?" Declan furrowed his brow.

"It's hard to understand her motivations at this point." Owen said.

Reason made a sound of deep disgust.

Owen glared at him, "Share your thoughts boy."

"I'd rather not."

Dad, Andrea and Brooke stared at him in utter astonishment, not believing that someone like Reason has the nerve to refuse them. These adults are going to get a rude awakening with us sarcastic rascals. They're royals, they get their way. Then they met their match; their children.

"Son, you have a voice. Use it." Dad said, still gawking at Reason as if he's Michael Jackson's reincarnate. It's plainly clear that Dad isn't accustomed to sass.

"I'm not your fucking son." Reason spat.

I sharply turned to him and place a hand on my hip. I barely heard that there was an assassination attempt on my father's life, I will take no back talk towards him (except from me), "Do not talk to my dad like that."

"Or what Niña(girl)?" Reason steadily met my gaze.

"Solo significa que como un término de carnio imbécil. Cuéntanos lo que estabas pensando. Por favor.(He just means it as a term of endearment jerk. Tell us what you were thinking. Please.)" I say, adding the last part because I was raised right.

Reason murmured something in Italian, then said, "It's obvious what Laufeia is trying to do. When did Cleo start questioning the Elementals?"

"Not long after our parents took the crown." Megan answered.

Reason nodded, as if this made sense, "Cleo wants the creatures of Enchantment to second guess the Elementals, past, present and future generations. By now there must be enough doubt to when high numbers question us. Right?"

Dad nodded briefly, "The Enchantians' minds have been thoroughly poisoned."

"Like she planned. Who does she say should rule Enchantment?"

"Cleo is too modest and dodges the question, but when someone suggests she take over, she glows." Andrea rolled her eyes.

"Cleo may not want to rule Enchantment, but Laufeia sure fucking does." Reason crossed his arms.

Then everything that had been going on suddenly clicked in my head. Before I felt just clueless, but when Reason spoke I actually followed his words and put the pieces together. I could now see what Reason saw.

*

Hope you guys liked it!!