Chapter 11

"I don't believe this!" Esters jaw was practically to the floor.

"You better cuz. It's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth." Kyle and Aliyah had put themselves in the row behind everyone. Kyle patted Ester on the back, causing her entire body to shake.

"Would you like proof?" Aliyah's eyes glimmered and her expression was playful, reminding me of an over eager puppy.

"Why didn't you ever tell me Melody?" Zane's pain filled eyes searched my guilty ones.

"How could I?"

"That was you three wasn't it? You drown me so you can test your stupid power. Biting me would've been less painful than Zane's words.

"I'm sorry about that, but we had to try." Guilty as charged. Officer arrest me.

"That's what I am to you then. A lab rat. Something you use for you own personal gain." He got up to come tower over me. Why did God make me so short?

"I would never let anything happen to you Zane." I declare.

"How fucking tragic. The lab rat dies, so you need a new one. The one problem with the new rat is it won't be as good as the first." He spat every word.

"Cool it man," Kyle put a restraining hand on Zane's shoulder. "Mel was against it. I pushed her because I wanted answers. Back off."

"Don't touch me." the hostility clear in Zane's voice.

Declan came by me and wrapped his arms around my waist (can you feel my pain?) "I won't let him near you." He whispered.

"Let her go Declan." Zane stared at Declan's offending limbs.

"Why? What's your problem?" Declan probed.

"Here we go again." Dmitri murmured.

"My problem? What do you mean my problem?" I could see Kyle tightening his grip on Zane.

"You accuse her of shit she'd never do. You should be grateful." Declan stated. Taking everyone aback.

"You died and she saved you. Exactly how blind are you? She choose you because she knew she'd be able to save you. She knew she couldn't have done that for me, or Dmitri, or Ester, or Jordan. If it'd been one of us, we'd be dead." Declan finished.

Zane sighed, giving up. "You're right. Mel?" I met his tender sea blue-green gaze. "Lo siento. No se que me ha pasado. Perdoname?"(Sorry. Didn't mean for that to happen. Forgive me.)

"Por supuesto.(of course)" I smiled, forgiving him.

"Let her go so I can hug her." Zane sounds playful but is dead serious.

"Nah, I'll hold on." Declan pulled me closer.

"I mean it." Zane came closer and Kyle tensed.

"Nope. I wanna hold Mel." Declan gave Zane a wicked smile.

I gave a long and suffering kind of sigh. "Declan grow the hell up. I am in no mood to deal with this shit."

"Baby what's wrong?" Declan's hand slid from my waist to my hip.

Zane came up in front of me and Declan, "I will break that hand if it goes anywhere else."

"Pretty boy and a tough guy, huh?" Declan chuckled.

"Don't you value your life?" Zane said through his teeth.

"Melody, baby, let's sow him we're together now. How about another kiss?" I want to hit Declan.