Chapter 23

Dear Readers,

   The girl is Holland Roden, she's an actress in some shows, I dunno. A reader pointed her out as a better Melody and I agreed! Her face is soo cute and perfect! Before her, I casted Mel as Arianna Grande but Roden does a better job I think.

   This chapter is now for the reader who gave me our new Melody!

   And Survivor by Destiny's Child would be her THEME song, along with I won't back down by Tom Petty, Awake and Alive & Never Surrender by Skillet. Basically any song about being strong and independent.

   Any agree, disagree? Any other actresses of songs that remind you of Mel, I would love to hear them!

   Without further ado..

   Vote!

   Comment!

   Follow!

   Enjoy!

*

   Dad proudly viewed our hands, satisfied that we showed some interest in all this mess. "Get in a line alphabetically. Starting with Anna, Charlotte, Declan, Dmitri, Ester, Jordan, Kyle, Aliyah, Melody, Reason, Vivian and lastly Zane."

   We did as he ordered. There's a commanding way to my father that I pay little attention to, and how we usually do what he says.

   "Before we begin, I'd like you guys to meet our dragons."

   A woman in black confidently stepped forward (dark and brooding must be a dragon thing). She was tall with several tattoos on her arms and collarbone. Deep brown eyes and blonde hair. "Leader. I'm Hope, Reason's mother."

   Another woman, this one smaller, sweeter almost, with no tatts, "Fay, Anna's mom."

   The next one was a man and he looked positively menacing. His head was shaven except for a Mohawk with bright green streaks. Gages you could throw a golf ball thru. Tattoos on every inch of visible skin and a hulking build. Must the dragons be so intimidating? I'm tempted to check my wallet and make sure all my five dollars are there."I'm Owen, Cherry's father."

   I cock a brow at them. Dragons seem to be the type of people you cross the street just to avoid.

   I can't tell if they're goths, emos, or punks. I said to Zayden.

   He chuckled, Maybe a new combination of all three.

   "Anna, your question." Dad said.

   "I was wondering, how are we part element? Like how does that part work?" she shyly batted her lashes. Isn't she adorable.

   Jupitar, Jordan's dad, spoke, "We can actually turn into our element, for whatever reason. Once you master this, you will be able to turn your whole body, or just a single part."

   "Show us." Jordan suggested and an excited murmur ran through us.

   "As you see," he held out his perfectly ordinary hand, "my hand is flesh, human. But when I do this," he paused, suddenly his light skin turned into granite rock, reminding me of "The Thing" from Fantastic Four. "This happens." Everyone stared in awe.

   It's real and before my eyes, yet I can't fathom it.

   "What about when you walk on dirt? Or turn all rock? What about your clothes?" Anna laughed.

   "When I'm all element I can blend into any rock around me. Be it a mountain, sand, sidewalk, even jewels. It's easy, I can still walk and my body remains whole. My clothes disappear, so when I'm human again, I'm naked." he winked.