Chapter 14

We went to the door across the exercise room. "Dmitri and Declans room." I said.

   They insisted on having bunk beds and dedicated it to their guy love of football, the room is covered with crappy Bronco merchandise (Go Patriots!). Flat screen, dressers and more Bronco crap.

   Finding the room utterly revolting, we left and moved on to the next room.

   "Kyle's." I informed.

   King sized bed and the biggest flat screen in the whole tree house. His dresser is overflowing with dirty clothes, smashed energy drinks, and half eaten granola bars. There are weights decorating the floor along with piles of workout DVD's.

   "Vivian's and Ester's." I murmured.

   Hand painted music notes, carpet, enormous vanity, and another bunk bed. Also a huge wardrobe that reminds me of Narnia. Scattered are musical instruments such as a guitar, keyboard piano, violin, and flute.

   "I'm guessing you can play those." I gestured to the many instruments.

   "Yes, and more." Zane smiled.

   "Mine and Ali's." I say as we enter.

    Like Kyle's, our room isn't painted. We have queen beds, mine is far from the window but Aliyahs is pushed close. We also have a flat screen above my head board. Cherry wood dresser that holds an old school boom box, and the walls are covered in Harry Potter posters, at my demand. At Aliyahs we got her a desk with beakers and strange fluids I don't even want to think about.

   "There's a lot of Harry Potter." Zane did his handsome boyish grin.

   "Once a Potterhead, always a Potterhead." I smile.

   We stood in silence for a second and I looked long and hard at his shoes. I told him no on getting back together. So why did I want him to hold my hand? To kiss me? This is just a big mess. Then there's Declan, who has always been family, why did I kiss him? I blame hormones, no wonder America has so many teens becoming parents. It's strange how sweet Zane and fun loving Declan go all cave man around each other. Could be their stupid powers, maybe whatever they are just doesn't mix well. But wait, Dmitri and Declan are cut from the same cloth, and Dmitri doesn't mind Zane.

   They like you little wave, or maybe they want your butt. Zayden laughed.

   Screw you.

   A thought popped into my head so I went to my bed and pulled the binder out from its hiding place. "Here" I handed it to Zane.

   He opened it and paused. "The spring dance, the first time we danced as a couple. What is this?"

   "It's us. I made it after you moved. I was gonna send it to you, but decided to keep it." I say.

   He flipped a few pages quickly, "Really, but you said we couldn't be together."

   "That doesn't mean I'm going to pull a Taylor Swift and burn all of our memories." I retorted.

   "Yet you'd make a happy scrap book. Why Mel?" He shot back.

   "Because I loved you! Do you not know what you meant to me? When you told me you were moving I thought my world was ending. I wanted to remember what we had, is that such a god damn crime?!" I screamed at him. When I get angry like this I have to cry, but I won't let him see me fall apart.

   "Melody, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry."

   Gosh then he's got to be all sweet. Now I really wanted to explode.