Chapter 22

Hello person through the screen!

   Vote!

   Comment!

   Follow!

*

   "So there's nothing going on with you and Kyle?" He wouldn't met my harsh gaze. Why can't he get past Kyle? I mean, it's Kyle.

   "Kyle is my hermano." I say flatly.

   "And the other guys?"

   "Why do you care?" I snap. I could see he's about to deliver a rude rebuttal, but to save myself I answer anyway. "Jordan and Dmitri may not be my cousins by blood but I love them as such. Zane is my first love and Declan, well, we've kissed."

   Something's off, way off. I'm not feeling the anguish I thought I would. Zane. Zane. Zane. Zane. Nothing. His name no longer affects me the way it did, merely hours before. Declan. Declan. Declan. Huh. Now, I can tell what I feel towards the guys. My feelings aren't so muddled; my views on both of them are crystal clear.

   Zane will always be my first love and carry a special place in my heart, but that's it. They say you never forget your first love, that's why he still had that emotional effect on me. It's true then, a first love does stick with you, even when you don't want it. Declan, funny Declan with the childhood crush on me. Kissing him had been an impulse thing, a bad time for hormones to go off. It wasn't my intention to become confused over two boys. I had to step back and regain my brain. Hearts make you do stupid things, but they make it all seem worthwhile.

   I shake my head. "Didn't your parents explain the non breeding rule?"

   A dark shadow overcame his handsome face. "They did."

   "You're a closed book, aren't ya?"

   "I don't like people knowing too much about me." He said oh-so seriously.

   I poke his cheek. "You haven't smiled, not once."

   "That's because you do enough for the both of us." A not smile played on his lips.

   I laughed brightly, "That's because the great times in life often include smiling, laughing, jokes and fun."

   "You have a nice laugh." He surprised the both of us by saying that. My ego jumped ten feet. I always thought I laughed like a psycho.

   Again, he is not all that bad.

   So what? You're Team Reason?

   Kyle has it right, Zane is hada. Declan has been friend-zoned for years, keep him there. They bicker too much anyway.

   I inwardly rolled my eyes. Like it matters.

   Little wave, things in life will never be handed to you. You must earn what you want, and fight to keep it safe.

   "You probably do to." I poked his side and he jumped. "Someone's ticklish." I grinned.

   He grabbed my hand, "Don't even think about it." His eyes were smiling at me, "I'd bet you're ticklish also." He stretched his large hands toward my waist, fingers wiggling in a threatening manner.

   "Bye!" I sang while leaping up. I ran to the other side of the roof.

   "Come here Melody, I just wanna see if you're ticklish." I like how profoundly he says my name.

   Eee, what is with me and cute guys? What a pathic weakness. Boys. Like, here comes big bad Melody, all you have to do is throw Zac Efron at her.

   "I ran away for a reason cabron."

   "Cabron? Big words for such a little girl." He came toward me with blinding speed. I barely turned around when he grabbed my side and pulled me to him.

   It's then I notice how tall he is, breaking six feet. That's huge compared to my five foot one.

   I squealed as he began his attack.

   "P-please. Stop." I panted.

   "You must pay for calling me a cabron." He said.

   "I take it back. I take it back." I said through my loud giggles.

   "Who's the cabron?"

   When this ends, I vow to make him pay. "Me. I'm the cabron. I am."

   "Good girl." He still hadn't let me go.

   "Stop!" I tried to sound firm, I really did. Instead I sound like a mouse.

   Someone cleared his throat, making us freeze. Locked in his strong arms, he turned us slowly.

   Kyle, Zane, Jordan and Declan decided to join the party.

   "What's up." Reason causally said.

   "What are you doing to Mel?" Declan asked, as I was still laughing like a mad woman.

   "Tickling her, obviously."

   "You never let me tickle you Mel." Kyle fake pouted.

   Zane laughed, "She is pretty playful when she's ticklish."

   Reason dug his fingers into my side, a deafening squeal fell out of my mouth. I faintly heard Reason mumble, "Damn straight."

   "No, please no." I begged but it went unheard.

   "She's redder than her hair." Declan said.

   "Jorden, help!" I wheezed.

   Zane and Declan traded a knowing smirk, they each grabbed Jordan, who instantly began fighting back. "Kyle restrain him!"

   "Can do." Kyle chirped, then firmly held Jordan.

   There goes my hope.

   "She's purple." Zane laughed.

   I'd been laughing so hard I no longer made a sound and my stomach was cramping horribly.

   "Reason, we all know you want to fuck her, but let the hot girl go." Cherry said. Like he would listen.

   "Unless you want her powers to explode, I'd say let her go." Dad lightly said. Finally Reason let me loose, and I landed on the floor. Tears prickled my eyes, laughing this much is a pain. "Vivian, would you?"

   Vivian sang making my crazy laughter and stomach cramps subside.

   Dmitri laughed, "You attacked my cousin. Mean. I thought we were all bros here."

   "Dad, when did you get here?" I finger comb my tousled hair.

   "Just now. I sent these brave and capable young men to find you and Reason. Only they did not return quickly."

   "Sorry Mel's dad sir. Got distracted." Kyle smiled.

   Dad too smiled good heartedly. "I see that. Back to business."

   The other adults were there when we arrived.

   "We will leave shortly. Before we do, I have more things to discuss with you all. Also I must answer your questions." Dad said. Everyone but Reason put their hand in the air.

*

   Looks like the adults have somethings they need to tell Mel and the gang.

   I can tell you its nothing good.

   ~Peace