Chapter 10

I saw Zane on the tiled floor. I wanted to throw a brick in the air and let it hit my head. How could I let them do this?

   He wasn't breathing, I panicked. Clutching his arm I tried going up, but I realized he's a guy, and guys tend to be heavy. I tugged and pulled but my noodle arms couldn't move him.

   There was a splash and a current of electricity swept through me. Kyle came to my rescue.

   "He's too big for me." I complained like a child.

   Kyle, the pervert, wiggled his eyebrows, put his hands under Zane armpits and went up. I followed, making sure he had him.

   We broke through and Dmitri helped Kyle get Zane onto the floor. I yanked myself out of the water and rushed to Zane.

   "You got this hermosa corazon(beautiful heart)." Kyle breathed in my ear.

   I checked his neck, pulse is strong but slowing down at an alarming rate. Placing me hands on his chest I pumped. Staring at him, my heart swelled. I hate myself, I hate Kyle, I hate Ali, I hate water, and I hate everything. This is my fault. I should've chosen someone else. Better yet kept my big mouth shut.

   Regret will not help him. You are not alone in this little wave. Picture the water inside him, remember the blue glow. Let it flow within you, for the power is inside you little wave, as it always has been. Zayden encouragingly said.

   Hearing his calm and familiar voice helped soothe me. Closing my eyes I let Zaydens words and my own instincts lead me.

   I pictured Zane's body and a soft glowing blue light coming from his chest. That tingling-fingertips sensation returned and I was stunned how much I've missed it. Wasting no time I visualized the glow move from Zane's chest, up to his throat, and out of his mouth. I did this over and over and over again.

   "Melody stop. It's not working." Jordan's voice pleaded.

   My eyes popped open and I checked his pulse. Nothing. "No!" I screamed

   "We were wrong." Aliyah soberly said.

   "We have to save him. Help me!"

   "I'll call the cops." Dmitri whispered.

   "Shut up. Kyle, Ali we can do this." My eyes found them and I reached out.

   "He's gone Mel. We can't do anything." Aliyah kneeled beside me.

    Blinding rage soared inside me. I will not let him die. "Bullshit" I placed her hands on his chest. "Kyle, ven aqui ahora(come here now)!" I snarled.

   He obeyed and came to my other side. I put his over-sized hand above Aliyah's and added mine on top.

   The tingling sensation hadn't passed. I did a quick hail Marry then said, "You guys will feel a weird sensation in your hand. Do not shy away from it. Embrace it like an old friend. When you feel it picture a blue glow flowing out of him. Got it?" They nodded. I focused on my fingertips, projecting the tingling to Kyle's hand.

   "It tickles." Kyle half smiled.

   I let the tingling continue down to Aliyah.

   "Ohmigod. I feel it." Aliyah whispered.

   "You feel it, now use it." I hissed. "Close your eyes and make the blue glow leave him."

   They listened and I could see them concentrating. Joining them I once again imagined the blue glow leaving Zane.