Chapter 4- The tale of the sky

Talia Kings POV

I slowly bent down next to Clarke with hers and Octavias help, She raised her hands to her lips as I was about to speak and then looked forward again. In the near distance among all the burnt trees, I saw a deer, its coat light against the background. "No animals huh?" Finn smirked at Clarke and then squat walked towards the deer, as he got a bit closer he stepped onto a twig causing the deer to look up, panicaly looking towards us, revealing the side of it's face-or two faces, the faces was separated by fat and blood, its eyes squashed together likely rubbing together painfully. Everyone took a step backwards I was unable to so I just stayed there, the deer shot off, leaping over things as it went. we all looked around as we heard the padded footsteps run, towards us or away from us we wasn't sure yet.

"You know what I'd like to know?" Finn said walking ahead of the rest, "why send us down here today after 97 years?what changed?"

"Who cares, I'm glad they did," Octavia spoke "I woke up rotting in a cell and now I am spinning in the forest." She says sending a glance at Finn, I knew Octavia liked him, but not this much.

"Careful, Octavia, you might get dizzy." I warned her walking passed her, and trip falling over and get stabbed in the knee by a twig, and it was stuck in there, lodged between my kneecap and shin bone.

"Maybe they found something on the satellite," Jasper said as he helped me up. "Y'know. Like an old weather satellite or-"

"It wasn't a satellite," Clarke wrapped her arm around me, causing me to have to use her a crutch. "The ark is dying" Everyone stopped and looked back at her, "With the current population level there's roughly three months left of life support, maybe four now that we're gone."

"So that's the secret they locked you up to keep?" Finn walked on the other side off Clarke. "Why they keeped you in solitary, and floated your old man?"

"Clarke, you don't have to help me you know," I spoke as I was feeling uncomfortable, She quickly let me going before grabbing me again as I took a step and was about to fall over.

"My father was the engineer that discovered the flaw," She paused helping me over a log, "he thought the people had a right to know. The council disagreed, my mother disagreed," She paused taking a slight gulp of air, "They were afraid it would cause a panic, we were going to go public anyway, when Wells," she stopped.

"What?" Finn asked realising she wasn't going to continue. "Turned in your dad?"

"Anyway, The guards showed up before we could," Clarke kept glancing over at Finn, and I quickly thought she liked Finn as well as Octavia, but she was pushing her feeling back. "That's why today, That's why it was worth the risk. Even if we all die at least," I cried out, as my leg had bashed into something causing a jolt to go up me leg and a fireball of pain to surround the stick stuck deep in my leg, Clarke looked at me, "You okay?" I nodded sharply trying to ignore the surge of pain that seemed to heighten with every step. "They brought themselves some more time."

"They're going to kill more people aren't they?" Monty spoke up.

"Good." Octavia obviously jumped down as they ground shook slightly, "After what they did to me, I say float them all."

"You don't mean that." Finn said going after her.

"We have to warn them," Finn looked at Clarke.

"That's what my father said." I wanted to correct her and say our, but I also didn't want them to know.

"OOH, Damn." Jasper spoke smiling at Octavia who was getting into her underclothes, "I love earth."

"Octavia what the hell are you doing?" Clarke screamed from beside me. I turned and looked, Octavia was standing in a tank top, and her panties, gazing into the water, she glanced back at us before running off the edge into... Water?

"Octavia!" Monty gasped "We can't swim."

"No, but we can stand," Octavia stood from her position of bending her knee and chuckled.

"Wait, there's not supposed to be a river here," Clarke said confused.

"Well there is so take off your damn clothes" Finn smirked at her while Octavia giggled in the water.

Jasper started to undress to get in as well along with Monty, When he stopped and starred in the water, and squinted walking closer "Octavia get out of the water," Jasper looked scared, I could see why, water was moving towards her, indicating something was in there with her.

"NOW!" I yelled, fearing for her life.

"Ahh!" A short lived scream fell from her lips, cut off as she was dragged underwater by the creature.

She was tugged through the water and I dropped to my knees and started to drop rocks, sticks, whatever I could find to distract the beast, ignoring the searing pain at the stick was drove deeper into me. Suddenly the movement stopped, and everyone in the group started looking around the water trying to find it and her besides me as I was still chucking in stuff. Octavia broke through the surface again, creating a large splash and was screaming again.

"What the hell is that?" Monty asked, "What are you going to do?"

"Try and save her." Finn said, about to jump in when Clarke put her hand in front of him to stop him.

"If we distract it, it might let her go, Help me!" She said understanding what I was doing and sat down next to me and dropped things in. Her hand knocked the stick in my knee and I fainted from the pain.

Clarke Griffins POV

I noticed Talia faint, but I couldn't help her as I was too busy trying to save Octavia.

"It worked," Finn yelled.

"Octavia get to the shore, now!" Jasper screamed to her.

I sighed bending down to pick Talia up, when I saw Jasper jump in the help Octavia. I had to run over without Talia.

When we was all safe I walked back to Talia with the rest of the group following.

"What happened?" Monty asked looking at Talia on the ground.

"I must have knocked the stick in her leg."

Monty walked ahead and I smiled, hoping they would either best friends or better yet date."