Chapter 29- Defenders without Desire

Talia King's POV

"Guys, think about what they've done for us. They gave us shelter, clean clothes, kept us safe from the Grounders. Miller they saved your life right?" Jasper was currently trying to convince us all to participate in the blood trails, he wasn't doing very well at all.

"Dude, you puked for three days." Miller told him.

"Jasper." I sighed, before speaking to everyone, "They might have done a lot for us, but that doesn't mean that we need to use our bodies as filters. There are life threatening consequences that can come with filtering other peoples blood, such as if your body doesn't accept it. A reaction causes your body to form antibodies to attack the new blood cells." I turned to Jasper, "Are you feeling okay, have they brainwashed you? Because you should know how dangerous this is."

"That was different. The normal treatments won't be as bad." Jasper tries to convince me."

"So they say." Monty butts in.

"So what then, only puking for one day? Yeah, I'm out, especially after what Talia just said." Miller walked away.

"Sorry Jasper, I'm out too." Harper walked away as well.

"Come on! They gave us cake! I got a sign-up sheet!" Jasper tried, waving the sign-up sheet in the air.

"What are you doing?" Monty asked Jasper.

"What?"

"When did you start working for them? You know what, nevermind. Now that you're better, we're going after Clarke." Monty looked over to the door, I followed his gaze and saw Maya. "Of course, right on time."

"Hey guys. Jasper, I'm so glad to see you're feeling better." Maya held up a notepad with a neat scribble on it, in large letters; Act normal they're listening!!!"

"Thanks, I am." Jasper said, confused.

She turned the page saying; The breach wasn't an accident follow me!"

"You look well rested." Jasper trying to make it less obvious.

"Hey it's pizza day, who's hungry." Mayas words reminded me off Bellamy's, and I couldn't help but think back to it.

Flashback

I was lying In Bellamys arms, feeling weaker and weaker, I could only see through the small gap between my eyelashes, I could only hear, I could only assume we had arrived back at camp, as Bellamy had yelled "We're back!"

He must took me straight into the dropship, I heard shouts of over there as he carried me in, "The're alive, I need boiled water and strips of clothes for bandages.

Bellamy placed me down on the floor and then left, but not before stroking my hand with his thumb. 'Must have been a accident' I thought to myself.

"Who's hungry!" Bellamy yelled from outside, there was shouts of 'yeah Bellamy' and lots of cheering.

End of flashback

We all followed Maya out of the dorm and into a small room. Monty shut the door, very loudly as it was creaking, I looked around. There was spots on the walls, mould and a dreadful smell, it smelt of people who hadn't washed in ages, it made me gag, I wasn't sure of where the source was, I only knew that I wanted to get out of this room fast.

"We don't have much time but we can talk freely in here." Maya looks upset, her voice cracking like shards of glass was ripping through her throat.

"What the hell is going on?" Jaspers gaze was fixed on Maya.

"I'm sorry." She breaks down into tears.