Chapter 24-Darkness breached

Talia King's POV

"C'mon," Raven said, dragging me away from camp, Raven, Monty, and I, was on our way to the Exodus ship wreckage to find anything that had might explain why the ship crashed. "Someone might see you!" I wasn't supposed to leave camp, due to Bellamys overprotectiveness, but I wanted to help and now we are sneaking through the woods, with the possibility of death over our shoulders.

Finally Raven and Monty had grabbed stuff that made no sense, as I didn't think they would explain why the ship crashed. I was just picking up random stuff and hoping I was right, every single time I was wrong, besides one, I picked up a radio thing.

Less than an hour later we was back at camp. I went and helped Octavia in the meat furnace.

"Lets get this party smoking." Del tended to the fire, even though it was a bit to big to preserve meat.

"You don't want the fire to big. So maybe just try to knock it down with some wet leaves." Octavia told him, continuing to help me with tying the meat up, high enough to not get cooked.

"You get that from you boyfriend, Grounder pounder?" Del viciously teased, uncaring.

"She's right. A hot fire is not gonna preserve the meat as well." Murphy stood up for Octavia.

"You can't take the heat get out of the smokehouse." Del was then cut off by me.

"We can take the heat. If anyone needs to leave it's you."

"Should be kissing our asses for being allowed back in this camp." Del told Murphy, before turning to me. "The only reason why you alive is because the leader took a liking to you, you would have been dead a long time ago, and I would have made sure of it. Just keep working."

"Your brother and boyfriend couldn't get you guys a better job? Would think anything would be better than working in the meat furnace." Murphy asked us, after Del left the furnace.

"Oh, probably. That just means someone else would have to do it." Octavia told him.

"I chose to do it, and it will be a great job for the winter, the heat from the fire will be great." I told them, before noticing the fire was to big. "Guys! The fire!"

There was some screams as delinquents ran around, not knowing what to. Murphy grabbed me and Octavia and practically throw us out of the fire. As Octavia and I was keeling over still next to the burning building, Bellamy grabbed me and Octavia by the waist and dragged us away.

"Are you okay?" He asked us, after we both nodded he visibly calmed down.

Murphy looked over at the fire, and Del who was in front of it, standing up he started to yell. "This is all your fault! We told you it was to much wood!" Murphy ran towards Del and began punching him.

"Get the hell away from me." Del yelled.

"Hey! Hey! Hey, stop! Save it for the Grounders." Bellamy got in the middle of their fight.

"Well, now what the hell are we gonna do? That was all the food." Octavia questioned.

Later everyone was working, Clarke stopped to talk to me and Bellamy. "Any idea what happened?"

"An idiot, as usual." I explained.

"Murphy says that Del kept feeding the fire, mostly because Octavia told him it was a bad idea." Bellamy told her, putting his arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to his side, when he saw Drew -one of his gunners- gawking over at us.

"And we believe Murphy?"

"I do."

"I was there Clarke, Del was being and idiot, and ignored her saying to hit the fire down with wet leaves." I told her, "That was all our food, what are we going to do?"