Chapter 25-Regal Claws

"Come on. These foxholes aren't gonna build themselves. Better hope those landmines work. All the gunpowder we're wasting, we could be making more grenades." Bellamy ordered.

"You want to come over here and test one?" Raven threatened.

"They'll work. Your work always does." I told them.

"Cute. I need this entire section mined by morning. Then you finish the south field." Bellamy told Raven.

"Hey... I told you, we're going after Finn, Clarke, and Monty in the morning."

"And I told you, nobody leaves this camp."

"I'm talking to you. We can't just abandon our people. You want to lead them, show them you give a damn."

Suddenly a gunshot went off and Bellamy shoved me behind him, away from where the gunshot sounded.

"Whoa!" One of the delinquents yelled. "What the hell was that?"

"Hey.. What the hell is the matter with you." Bellamy said, walking up to Sterling, who fired the gun.

"I'm sorry, man. I fell asleep. I've been on watch all day." Sterling started to come back to his senses, but his eyes was dropping, he looked as if he would fall asleep again.

"We've all been on watch all day!" Bellamy roared, grabbing Sterling by his jacket. "That bullet was one less dead grounder."

"Bell your scaring people." Octavia told him.

"They should be scared! The bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare, but that time is up! The grounders are out there right now, waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do! Clarke, Finn, and Monty are gone, probably dead, and if you want to be next, I can't stop you, but no guns are leaving this camp! This camp is the only thing keeping us alive! Get back to work!" Bellamy yelled, walking back down off the wall where the gunners were.

"You go to bed." I told him.

"No, Clarkes not back, they need someone to keep them in control."

"Your not alert enough to fight, you go to bed, I'll keep everything under control, I'll wake you up in two hours."

"I'm not tired."

"You sound like a kid having a tantrum. Now go." I told him, sighing as he finally walked off. "Sterling, Give me your gun and go rest, I'll wake you up, before I wake Bellamy. Anyone else want to have a nap, give me your gun."

Some others came and gave me there gun. and I kept an eye out, Bellamy came outside the dropship, luckily everyone was sleeping like they was when they was awake so I just had to keep the guns out of Bellamys view.

"What happened to sleeping?" I called over to him.

"Myles." He called back, fulling a cup with water. "You did good stitching him up, he seems way better."

I woke the gunners up and gave them their guns before going in to check on Myles.

"Murphy, just put the gun down." Jasper told him.

I rushed over to Myles, seeing that he wasn't awake and Bellamy said he wanted water. He wasn't breathing.

"What did you do!" I yelled.

"He tried to kill me. Hey, don't move." Murphy cocked the gun.

"OK. OK. It's cool." Jasper looked over at Myles.

"No, it's not. You know what'll happen to me, if you tell Bellamy." Murphy said.

"Tell Bellamy what?" Bellamy came through on Jaspers walkie-talkie. Shit I left mine outside!

"Give me the radio, Jasper, Talia." Murphy said walking closer. I placed my hand in my pocket, feeling around for my knife that Bellamy gave to me when we was under the stars, just lying there. "Don't move!"

Jasper hesitated, before telling Bellamy what happened. "Murphy has a gun. He killed Myles, Talia's in here as well." He said it so rushed and Murphy knocked Jasper out.

"Jasper!" I yelled, Murphy grabbed me and shoved my hands behind my back, pushing them past a comfortable position, causing me to cry out.

"Murphy what the hell are you doing?" Bellamy said through the radio.

The dropship door was closed, before I had even noticed it closing.

"Murphy! Murphy! Open the damn door!" Bellamy yelled,

"You try to be a hero Jasper dies, and Talia dies a even more painful death.

Timeskip

"Murphy! Murphy! If you even touch Jasper or Talia, I swear to God, your dead."

"That would be too late!" I yelled.

Murphy shoved me and shot the gun, missing both me and Jasper, but I landed against the wall, grunting, I slowly lost consciousness.

I awoke outside the dropship, my head in Octavias lap. "Thank God! You're okay right?"

I got up and nodded, Octavia grabbed the walkie talkie after a gunfire went off, "Bellamy? Bellamy! Are you okay?" Octavia waited a few seconds before trying again. "Bellamy! Do you copy?"

"I'm fine. Just a misfire. Now stop worrying about me and get back to work, all of you... And tell Raven to hurry her ass up." Bellamy told us.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Murphy killed Myles, held you and Jasper hostage, knocked you out, Bellamy traded himself for you two, Ravens opening the door."

"What?" I said, I walked over to the dropship and started to bang my fist against it, wincing every time I did so. "Murphy! Let Bellamy go! I'll go in, If you let him out."

"I'm afraid not Angel," Murphy used my nickname that only Bellamy called me.

"At least let me say good bye!" I yelled, indicating for them to point their guns at the door.

"Angel." Bellamy pleaded through the walkie, "I love you, please don't waste your life for a goodbye."

"Damnit!" I cursed.

Timeskip

The door was creaking open, I held the gun up, in the front line of gunners, next to Harper.

"Raven you did it." Jasper yelled to Raven.

As soons as there was enough room, I bolted in, seeing Bellamy, I grabbed his legs, "I got you." He managed to undo the rope around his neck, I placed him on the ground.

"Yeah! Bell, breathe!" Octavia encouraged.

"Breathe! Can you breathe?" Jasper questioned

"I'll kill him!" I stood up, breaking away from Bellamys hug and his ragged breaths. I climbed up the ladder banging on the door, "Open the door Murphy!"

I climbed back down allowing others to try. I exited the dropship to go thank Raven

"Raven, he's fine!" Jasper called down to her.

On my way out I heard an explosion so I ran out the gates, to find Raven

"Raven!" I gasped running up to her. "What happened?"

"Murphy shot me." Raven slung her arm around my shoulder and used me to help her limp. When we got to the gate Raven yelled "Help me!"

"Raven! Raven!" Finn yelled and ran towards us, getting her other arm around him.

"Murphy shot her." Bellamy told Clarke.

"Get her into the dropship." Clarke instructed. I let go off Raven so Finn could carry her.

"Clarke, leaving here is a mistake." Bellamy told Clarke.

"The decisions been made."

"Crowds make bad decisions. Just ask Murphy. Leaders do what they think is right."

"I am."

"Crowds deserve the right to decide. It's their life after all. Good leaders display the options." I told him.