Chapter 39- Savage Scoundrels

Talia Kings POV

"Are you sure this'll work?" I ask Raven for what must seem to her the hundredth time, I mean it's been two days, Raven, Monty and I haven't slept, but Harper taught me how to shoot a gun, when I was on a break, so now I am on watch at night with them talking to me through the walkie talkie, so I can hear their ideas.

"Have you met me?" She smirked, and I sighed, she was great and all but this is irritating, she must have tried at least 5 times, this AI seemed undestructable.

She muttered underneath her breath as Monty sat down next to me, staring intently at the screens.

"I can't believe how many people ALIE has now. You see this cluster?" Raven circled a area on the screen. "That's a building. But all this." She went to another area on the screen. "These are minds. It's full of them, thousands. She's taken Polis, too. ALIE's army is growing the longer we wait to go in the stronger she gets."

I knew what Raven was thinking, I couldn't let do it. "No Raven. If we need someone on the inside then I should go. You both are amazing at programing. You know what we have to do."

"We wait for Clarke, like always." Raven turned away from the computer and looked at us. "But what if we can do it ourselves?"

"How?" I questioned, my brow furrowing, trying to understand what Raven was saying.

"We have Becca's backdoor password. We have me."

"You said the moment we use the password ALIE will know." Monty pointed out,

"She will, I think." Raven told him, her voice portraying slight unsteadiness.

"First time your unsure about something, so I like those odds, I say we do it." I looked around the screen, mentally mapping out the best routes that seem the least crowded, only problem was I couldn't understand the difference between buildings and minds.

"That means we have one shot at this. Is there a kill code in that book you didn't tell me about?" Monty spoke, making me turn back around to look at Raven who was shaking her head. "Then we stick to the plan. Clarke gives the flame to Luna. The A.I. in the flame gives Luna the kill code. We enter it here, taking our one shot and Bob's your uncle."

"I hate that expression." Raven told Monty with me nodding in agreement.

"Good." Monty's mouth twitched like he was about to smile.

"What happens if Luna has been gotten by ALIE?" My voice wavering, "Or worse Clarke, Bellamy, Jasper and Octavia has."

Raven turned to the computer at started typing at a lightning fast speed, making me not be able to to make sense of what she was doing, although even if I could see what she was typing I probably wouldn't be able to make sense of it. "There's no trace of them."

"Yet." I attempt to swallow the lump in my throat. "If any of them appear in there, I need you to let me know immediately. And for you to put me in there. I need some air, So I'll keep watch and let the others know what is happening."

Monty reluctantly nods, "let's keep mapping."

"Hey, Harper." I smiled, sliding past her as she entered.

"Hey." Harper puts her arm out to stop me. "Perimetre's clear. Bryan and Miller have watch."

"K." I head outside over to Bryan and Miller to fill them in.

After a very short explanation on what's happening, Miller noticed something in the trees.

"What's that?" Miller pointed his gun at it, his finger hovering over the trigger, looking at it through his gun. "It's not moving."

"I'll go look at it." They nod at me, I was glad that they wasn't like the others, trying to keep me out of harms way and instead letting me do my own thing.

I held onto the railing and jumped down, my hands slipped a little, but luckily I didn't fall too early. The gate was opened by Bryan, who made sure that it didn't open too wide. I walked over and picked the red material up, making a note slip out, I caught the note making it scrunched up and cautiously went inside the gates, and showed Bryan and Miller note and the red thing.

"That's a beanie." Bryan placed it on his boyfriends head and Miller fluttered his eyes at him.

"You guys are so cute together." I chuckle. "But save that lovey-dovey stuff for later. Because this note seems like we have to save the world. Again."

"What do you mean." They turn to look at me, then the note.

There are a thousand ways to say this.
But it's more fun if you figure it out.
We have you, I mean you know that without a doubt.
But listen here closely, I feel no need to shout.

As you have already figured, this is a rhyme
And you better solve it or your out of time.
We have found you, But it's not who you think
Take this hat as a hint.

The soil has witnessed a rotten fig
Figure it out, search far and wide
But it might wash away with the tide
You might have won with a piece of a sprig

You think that you've won, but you haven't seen inside
But remember this mission is suicide
And this place is occupied
Are you tongue tied?

No need to get your knickers in a twist.
There's no need to resist.
Just swallow your pride.
And we'll go for a ride

Come along
To do good
City never sleeps
Of course there are some
Light up your world

Citadel has a meaning,
So refrain from screaming
No use in deceiving
This isn't goodbye so stop your grieving

Mind the step, watch the clock
Tick, Tock, Tick, Toc~

~Infinity~

"What does this mean?" I ask them, staring at the note. I realised the end it was folded and something was inside of it.

"I don't know." Miller shook his head.

"I better take it to Raven and Monty, maybe it has some technical phrases." I jump down, to walk to the tech room. "Bye!"

I walk inside then peel the paper back to reveal a little blue shape. I slid it into my pocket not thinking about it, after all it probably was insignificant.