Chapter 22-Dreamt Fairytale

We ended up on the exodus ship, well not on it, more like on top of it.

"Talia!" Raven yelled at me. "Away from there."

"Clarke shouldn't be out here." Finn said, staring intently at Clarke.

"Her mom was on the ship. She's looking for answers. you want to help her, find me the black box, hard drives, anything that will explain why this ship crashed." Raven looked around the graveyard of dismantled metal and steam.

"Stay sharp. Grounder retaliation for what happened on the bridge is coming, just a matter of when." Bellamy called out, "Talia, I need to talk to you!"

"What!" I yelled back trying to help Clarke by shifting pieces of metal, wincing every time the metal dug in. I had already had some splinters due to it. I stared at a large pool of black sludge underneath a piece I had just lifted.

"Can you blame them?" Finn asked, not really expecting an answer.

"No. I blame you." Bellamy looked up at me, as I started walking towards the mess.

"Maybe if you didn't bring guns-" Finn was interrupted by Raven.

"If we didn't bring guns we would've been killed."

"Why they're coming now doesn't matter anymore. It's our job to be ready when they do. We're on our own now."

I covered my mouth when I got close to it coughing, bending over slightly.

"Talia, stop." Raven yelled up at me, racing up at me as I had ignored her, with Bellamy at her heels. Bellamy wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me back out of the fumes, then rocking me from side to side as my coughs ceased.

"Rocket fuel?" Clarke asked.

"Hydrazine." Raven told her, squatting down and dipping a rock in the substance.

"Hydro-what?" I asked feeling a bit stupid as Clarke and Bellamy both appeared to understand what it was.

"Highly unstable in its non-solid form. If this stuff meets fire we're all pink dust." Raven looked over at me, before standing up and throwing it, "Fire in the hole!"

A big explosion sounded, and a ball of yellow and orange flames burst out. and some people just screamed, but was quiet compared to the explosion.

"We need to clear the area." Raven told us, turning around.

"Okay, then. We move in formation, no straggling, weapons hot, We got to get back before dark." Bellamy unwrapped his arms from around me, pulling out his gun and walking down, leaving a cold trace around my stomach.

When we arrived back at the dropship, It was dark, and cold so goosebumps was trailing up my arm.

"Where is he?" Bellamy asked, Talking about Murphy who apparently came back. "Everyone but Connor and Derek out... Now!"

"He claims he was with the grounders." Derek told him.

"We caught him trying to sneak back into camp." Connor continued.

I then saw him John Murphy, the one who indirectly killed Charlotte.

"I wasn't sneaking. I was running from the Grounders."

"You bitch!" I yelled racing forward, swinging my arm out, and colliding with his face, my hand getting streaked with blood that was there before I punched him. Bellamy grabbed me and kept me at his side, while I fought against him, wanting to give Murphy the pain he deserved.

"Anyone see any Grounders?" Bellamy spoke calmly.

"Uh-uh."Connor told him.

"Well in that case-" Bellamy rose his gun, pointing it at Murphy.

"He deserves a slower death than that!" I hit the gun down slightly.

Finn stepped up "Hey, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"We were clear what would happen if he came back." Bellamy explained vocally fighting with Finn, the gun still pointing at Murphy.

"No. If he was with the Grounders, then he knows things that can help us."

"Help us? We hanged him. We banished him, and now we're gonna kill him. Get the hell out of my way." Bellamys arm went off my waist and I realise I was wrong, we shouldn't kill him, sure he killed Charlotte, but he didn't do it directly. I stepped in front of him and put my head against the gun, not thinking straight.

"No. Finn is right."

"Like hell he is Clarke, Talia," Bellamy moved the gun away from my head to get a clear shot at Murphy. "Think about Charlotte."

"Don't you think I have!" I yelled at him, my sadness disguised as rage, "All this time, I thought about revenge, and now that I can have it, I don't want it."

"I am thinking about her, but what happened to Charlotte was as much our fault as his." Clarke knelt down and inspected Murphys fingernails, or rather the lack of them. "He's not lying. His fingernails were torn off. They tortured him."

"You and the grounders should compare notes." Finn spoke up, insulting Bellamys capabilities of torture.

"The Grounders know we're at war. What did you tell them about us?" Bellamy asked Murphy.

"Everything."

"Once he's better, we find out what he knows, and then he's out of here, okay?" Clarke looked over at Bellamy and I.

"What if he refuses to leave? What do we do with him then?"

"Then we kill him."

Tiny timeskip of like a minute

"Which ones the ark?" I asked, , he pointed to it letting me admire his hand for a few seconds.

"That one just there." He smiled at me, then we both leaned in, and our lips connected, fireworks exploded, and it felt like tingles running up my lips, this wasn't my first kiss with him, and I sure hoped it wouldn't be the last.

We pulled apart, but not far, as our breaths were still mingling together.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, concern rippling through his voice.

"It's just, I still think about Charlotte." I paused, wondering whether or not to continue, "She was so young, and yet she died, not even 13, I guess I feel guilty about not being able to save her. I still see her face in my dreams, her screaming she falls down the cliff, yelling out that she blames me, and then it flashes to her dead body on the floor, her limbs tangled and split open due to the impact."

"It's not your fault." Bellamy pressed his lips to my forehead and his arms wrapped around my waist tighter. "Do you want to continue talking about it, or change the subject."

"Bellamy." I ignored the question. "I am starting to feel things, and, well, I'm scared." Tears started to well up in my eyes, and some started to fall down my cheeks, I wasn't even on about the feeling I had for him, I was on about the fear, and the happiness, I guess, I wasn't used to it.

I just rested my head on his chest and fell asleep, missing him say three words that I never expected him to say to me 'I love you.'