Chapter 20-Nights Dancing

Talia Kings POV

"I trust him, Clarke." Octavia spoke, stopping pacing across the bridge

"There's a lot of that going around," Clarke spoke her, glancing at Finn.

Suddenly the grounder that was kept locked up in the dropship, being beaten up by Bellamy. Octavia ran towards him, and they embraced. I just stared, wanting a relationship like that.

They stopped hugging and Clarke expression changed, as she started backing away, Finn reached his hand out, and pulled her forward, as gentle as he could.

I started walking across the bridge to the other side and looked around for the grounders, seeing none, I walked back, "I can't see any grounders." I told them, sitting on the ledge of the bridge, so I was carefully perching on it.

Horses were suddenly on the other edge of the bridge, "Wait,. Look. Oh, my God. Horses!" Clarke gasped.

"Hey," Finn looked over at the grounders seeing the weapons that they had, I remembered that knowing the weapons could be useful, so I put the Bows and arrows into my index that was my brain. "We said no weapons."

"I was told there wouldn't be." Lincoln said, in line with Finn and Clarke, his body standing slightly in front of Octavia, a obvious sign of protectiveness.

"It's too late now." Clarke said, walking forward, and I hopped down from the mossy bar, a left over bit still remaining on my butt.

Finn walked forwards with Clarke, before Lincoln put his hand in front of Finn "She goes alone."

"I'll be fine." Clarke looked back. I could see the fear swimming in her eyes, a ghost that she couldn't hide.

"Clarke-" Finn spoke.

"Hey." Clarke said, looking Finn in the eyes. "It's time to do better."

Clarke walked forward, as the leader dismounted her horse.

"Do you think I could go with her," I asked Lincoln, not really caring about his answer as I would go anyway.

Lincoln just shook his head. "She goes alone. Like I said."

I walked forward, but Lincoln just put his hand on my stomach and pushed me back lightly.

"Octavia?" I asked for her help. She just shook her head and Finn pointed his finger to the end of the bridge, I just sighed and walked over there, sitting down. After about a minute a gunshot went off and then spears and arrows was coming in at an alarming rate.

"Talia!" Suddenly I was yanked into Bellamy's arms as he hurried away from the bridge, back towards camp.

"I can walk you know." I told him.

"Yeah but you take forever and we needed to get away from there fast." Bellamy explained, gently placing me on the ground when we was inside the gates. "You got anything to say?"

"Yeah I told you, no guns!" Finn exclaimed, his anger leaking out like a fire exploding.

"I told you we couldn't trust the grounders. I was right" Clarke told him.

"Why didn't you tell me what you were up to?" Raven questioned, aimed directly at Finn.

"I tried but you was to busy making bullets for your guns."

"You're lucky she brought that! They came there to kill you Finn." I didn't agree with what Bellamy said but remained silent.

"You don't know that! Jasper fired the first shot!" Finn yelled, causing Bellamy to stand in front of me slightly.

"You ruined everything." Octavia looked over at Jasper before walking away.

"I saved you! You're welcome."

"Well, if we weren't at war already, we sure as hell are now." Finn directed the next bit mostly at Clarke. "You didn't have to trust the grounders, you just had to trust me."

"Like I said best Unity day ever." Bellamy grabbed my hand and I entwined my fingers with his.

Suddenly an explosion sounded, I looked up, "The exodus ship?" I spoke at the same time as Bellamy.

"Your moms early." Bellamy smiled at Clarke.

"Wait. Too fast. No parachute? Somethings wrong." Clarke spoke and I looked up again seeing the faults she had pointed out.

The exodus ship landed heavily, obviously utterly destroying it, creating a large mushroom like cloud in the air, its flames orange mixed with yellow, growing bigger by the second. Clarke sunk to the ground, her eyes welling up with tears. I knelt to the ground and placed her head on my lap and started stroking her hair, humming a song I heard her hum when obeying Atoms wishes and killing him mercifully. It brought back memories, of Charlotte the young girl who helped me stay calm and I couldn't do anything to save her, tears welled up in my eyes as well, but I just continued stroking her hair.