Chapter 28-Tree of Dawn

Talia Kings POV

Monty and I had woke up, saw that Jasper was gone, so we decided to look for him, wanting to hang out.

"Clarke wouldn't just disappear like that," I told him, "It doesn't seem like her."

"I guess being locked up changed her."

"Jasper!" I called out, finally seeing him, with Maya, I should have known.

"Hey, you think we lost them?" Jasper asked Maya.

"I don't think anyone was ever chasing us." Maya chuckled slightly.

"Jasper. Have you seen Clarke? Nobody has." Monty turned to Maya. "Hey."

"Hey. You guys should uh-" Maya stuttered slightly.

"No no, we're gonna have breakfast. I'll meet you in line." Jasper questions.

Maya walked off.

"I'm gonna go." I said, wanting to talk to Maya, hurried off till I was at Maya's side. "Hey."

"Hey." She smiled. "You need anything."

"Kind of." I tell her honestly, "your a medic, right?"

"Yeah..." She trailed off.

"Can you please train me?" I ask. "With Clarke acting like this, I'm sure either all of us are going to get chucked out, or just her and then I'll end up going with her"

"Sure." She nodded, "Why would you go with her? You guys best friends or something?"

"Sort of. She's my half sister, we only met we we reached the grounder though, and then it was fight for your life."

"You wanna hangout in my room later? We haven't had a chance to talk much, and I feel like we will be best friends, and Jasper doesn't talk about the Ark much, but I want to know what it's like."

"You get your own room!" I pouted.

"Yeah," she sat down at the, indicating for me to do the same, "to be fair there's forty-eight of you and they couldn't provide rooms for that many people individually."

Jasper then entered and I stood up, seeing Monty come in alone. "I got to go." I tell them and sit next to Monty.

"Hey," Monty looks up, "sorry, I thought you was Clarke."

"Still haven't found her?"

He shakes his head and we eat in silence.

"Hey." someone in front of us says, I whip my head up thinking it was Clarke, when I saw it was Jasper I visibly got upset. "Nice to see you too."

"Sorry I was hoping you were Clarke." Monty tells him honestly.

"Have you seen her?" Jasper asks.

"No, I don't think she slept in her bed last night." Monty says.

"Are you saying she was sleeping with someone?" I say thinking she was hooking up. "Because Jessica would have kicked her if she came in too late, and we would have heard."

"No, I'm saying she wasn't sleeping last night." Monty tells me, lightly smacking my arm. Jasper sat down opposite. "What do we do?"

"Maya has access to everything through her job, maybe she can snoop around. If Clarkes in trouble, she can find out." Jasper tells us, his voice lowered to a quiet whisper.

"I don't know but Clarke doesn't trust them. What if she's right?" Monty asks, unsure.

"We can trust Maya, you still think we can't?" Jasper asks, incredulously.