The Anzai Clan

The Anzai Clan is a family of shinobi that hail from the Howling Wolf Village. They are descendants of Rōen, a wolf-like monster. After Rōen was defeated and sealed, the Anzai clan was banished from their lands by the Kōdon clan after a civil war. Since then, they have been a wondering the lands and avoiding ninja villages alike, not really wanting affiliate with the warring shinobi.

Like the Inuzuka Clan of Konohagakure, the members of the Anzai clan are given their own wolf partners at an early age. The shinobi and their wolf(s)grow to become practically inseparable. Unlike the Inuzuka Clan, the clan is believed to have yokai blood flowing through them due to their progenitor. It was because of this reason that they were distrusted by the Kōdon and Kumanoi clans of their native village. The shinobi and their canine allies fight using collaboration jutsu, however, they are not entirely dependent on each other.

The members of this clan, much like their wolf partners, have greatly enhanced senses naturally and can use chakra to fine tune or amplify them. Like their Konoha counterparts, they can concentrate chakra into their noses to allow them smell to an even greater extent, allowing the user to be able to detect, track, and monitor targets from long distances. They are often specialize in heavy assault to tracking and also have background medicine and herbs, due to being from the Land of Medicine.

The clan's fighting style revolves around their enhanced speed, strength, and agility. They also have the ability to partially transform like their ancestor. In conjunction to that, they also have tactical advantages granted by their heightened senses. The Anzai Clan lives in the Anzai Forest on the Shigawa main island. They grow to become one of the five noble clans of Uzushio.