The Yakushi Clan

The Yakushi Clan origins can be found in lands west of the Western Walls that divides the Eastern and Western parts of the Elemental Continent. The clan lived on the borders of the Land of Flowers and the Land of Flames. When war sparked between the former Emperor of the Empire of Flames and the conquered nation, the Yakushi Clan moved east toward the unclaimed territories near the Land of Music and the Land of Woods. After spending a good amount of years there, they continued to travel eastward, becoming a nomadic clan.

The clan crossed the Eastern Wall (known as the Western Wall to those in the East) after in the middle of First Shinobi War, choosing to remain in hiding to keep out of the crossfire. The Yakushi clan settled in the Land of Iron and remained there until a few years after the Kyuubi attack. 

They were looking for a permanent home and place to settle, becoming nomadic once more until they encountered a man by the name of Aizu. They were instructed to go to the Wave Country to meet someone name Shiro to escort them to Uzushiogakure. They wouldn't meet the official Uzukage until Naruto's 3-year training trip with Jiraiya.

The Yakushi Clan are a matriarchal clan that is led by women and is matrilineal. They are a group of genjutsu specialists and are highly skilled in the art of poisons. They specialize in seduction, infiltration, and intelligence (information gathering). Like the Uzumaki clan, pink hair is a common identifier of the clan and seductive charm is their forte. They are often compared to geisha due to their musical talents, art, and style of entertainment. Later, they come to own and run geisha houses in Uzushio and Sora-ku, and the Hanamachi District of Uzushio. The reintroduce the world of geisha to the shinobi nations.

Despite of their romantic nature, they are a highly sophisticated group and always carried themselves with elegance. Later, they are known to have trained royals and nobles in etiquette, grooming, soft skills, and manners. They have a close relationship with the Uzumaki clan and are known for their distinguished kimonos and style of dressing. They are also well known for their aesthetics and artistic abilities, particularly in the performing arts.

The Yakushi Clan serve their patron goddess, Benzai-Tennyo. She is the Japanese goddess of love, eloquence, language, wisdom, knowledge, the arts, music, good fortune, and water. The Monobeno Shrine in Uzushio is a shinto shrine dedicated to the goddess and is the place where clan members go to give offering or pay respect to the goddess. It is tradition that when children become a certain age, to go to the shrine to be blessed by the goddess. The ritual is performed by the clan head and considered an important day in the life of young Yakushi members.