ANBU Kitsune Arc: The Chief

"Kage Bushin no Jutsu!" someone called out as 50 clones appeared beside them.

Anko nodded her head at the child before her with 50 clones standing beside him. She had been training him for 3 months now and she had to admit that she was impressed. When they first began his pre-training, she created her own evaluation test to see where is current skills and knowledge were. She was honestly surprised with how much he knew what he was capable of. Before she trained him, she had learned that he knew how to henge and had developed it into a full transformation, something that was hard to do in itself. He had little knowledge in fuinjutsu, his reading and writing skills where okay, and he could evade her kunai fairly well.

However, the thing that surprised her the most was how much he knew about the ninja and power structure of the village. He was aware of the village chain of command (exception of the ANBU Black Ops) and even knew the clans of the village. She also learned that he knew who his father was. She didn't question him too much about it, seeing that it was a rather touchy topic for the 4 1/2 year old.

She started by teaching him the Academy basics the first week of training. She quickly learned that he was a fast learner and absorbed information like a sponge. By the end of the first week of training, he was able to perform the kamawari and was well through the Academy taijutsu katas. She found out that he couldn't do a regular bushin due to his chakra reserves, so after a little research, she taught him the Kage Bushin no Jutsu. Once he learned the technique, he progressed rapidly.

He was eating better thanks to Anko camping trips in the Forest of Death, teaching him how to hunt for food in the wilderness when he couldn't find food in the village. She would also bring him dango or ramen. There were also moments when he would spend the night with her and she would cook for him. In the short time of their training, the boy could feel himself growing stronger and he seemed more happier. Of course, he still made the occasional visits to the redlight district to see his other nee-chans or when he needed a place to escape mobs that came after him at times. Anko wouldn't see him for two days during those times.

By the end of the first month, he had mastered the Academy katas and was beginning to learn how to throw kunai and shuriken. He had a set training regimen made by Anko and he could stay the night in the Forest of Death by himself without too many problems. He was advanced in his use of shadow clones and he was a level 3 in fuinjutsu. He had also started his meditation practices and began training with his sharingan whenever he was by himself.

It was now his third month of training and he had nearly mastered the katas of her own fighting style and could throw kunai and shuriken just as good as she could. He could actively deflect and evade her kunai barrage and could last a full week in the Forest of Death by himself. He was a level 5 in fuinjutsu thanks to his kage bushin and he was in his 3 year when it came to Academy studies. They had also been working on his stealth and trap making skills. The blonde brat soared through those exercises and with little critique here and there, he could easily be one of the best operatives specialized in those areas in the Corps.

Anko tucked her thoughts away as she looked back down out the child sitting on the ground in front of her. Behind him, 10 of his clones where reading books on fuinjutsu, Academy resources, and other things he felt he needed to know. Another 10 of his clones were practicing the snake katas while tree walking, an impressive feat for someone his age. Another 10 was practicing calligraphy and working on making new seals. And another 10 were meditating on the water, balancing a leave on their forehead. The last 10 was working on his shurikenjutsu and kenjutsu katas. He had taken interest in the field when he spied on one of the shinobi practicing with a sword on training ground 10. Deciding it would be useful, he went to the library and began looking up different kenjutsu styles. With a little help from Anko, he was able to pick a style to start on before building his way up to create his own.