The Island of Uzu

The Island of Uzu is the original location of Uzushiogakure and is located off the coast of Hi no Kuni. This is where the Uzumaki clan resided when they finally settled down and several whirlpools surround the island, giving it it's name. This is the site of the invasion of Uzushio and the Uzumaki genocide, and is also the place of the Uzushian ruins.

When Uzushiogakure begins it's reconstruction period, this is the first place Naruto rebuilds. He was able to complete the island's reconstruction within a three year time frame before he moved his attentions to the continent/country of Uzushio aka Uzu no Kuni. Here, Naruto establishes the island as both a trade and dispatch post. Missions from the mainland are requested here and the island has its own guard of ninja and samurai. Several shinobi are dispatched to the island from Uzushio and are stationed there. Uzu's ports are used to trade goods to and from Uzushio to countries like the Moon Kingdom, the Nadeshiko Village, and other villages as well.

The Island of Uzu is also used for military and diplomatic reasons. This is the place where most nation leaders meet if they ever want an audience with the Uzukage. There is an Academy for locals that caters to shinobi and civilians, and the island is the home of the Daimyo. Some members of the Uzumaki clan also reside there in the former compound and help the daimyo oversea their land.

(A/N: Ignore. Currently under editing.)