The Chiba Clan

The Chiba Clan is a clan that originated in the Land of Mountain Rivers. They were once close allies with Kagerō Village in the Land of Mountains before they were destroyed by shinobi from Tanigakure. After the fall of the Kagerō Village, the Chiba Clan avoided contact with major shinobi villages like Konoha. They also avoided minor shinobi villages alike. They sometimes took missions from local lords, but they often kept to themselves. The last group of shinobi the clan had trade with was the Tsuchigumo Village before their conflict with the Magaki Group.

The Chiba Clan migrated to the Inaho Village in their latter years, having brief contact with the Fuma clan from the Land of Rice Patties. There, they participated in the merchant trade of rice and other goods, due to the village being somewhat of a market town of the sorts. Naruto found this clan through his Pekara Merchant House dealings. After meeting Aizu in the Wave Country, the Chiba Clan were initiated into Uzushiogakure.

The Chiba Clan are specialized in taijutsu, having created many fighting styles and techniques that makes their taijutsu deadly. They are knowledgeable about anything involving dealing with hand-to-hand combat and can use taijutsu with or without chakra. They are taijutsu masters and have skills that could rival Gai's taijutsu prowness. Chen is said to be a descendant of this clan. 

Although they are advanced in a lot different types of fighting styles, their core fighting style relies on strength, stability, agility, stamina, and precision. They also masters of melee combat and are close range fighters. They have a branch of taijutsu called Disabling Techniques that can range from temporary paralysis to fatal blows. Many say that the clan are natural martial artists.

The clan lives on the Horoshina main island. They tend to be chosen as taijutsu instructors for instances where the skill is required. While they are able to use ninjutsu, their clan focuses on taijutsu and go through intense physical training to mold their bodies in suit of their fighting style. They are often seen as hot-blooded and energetic, a trait they share with the Uzumaki Clan.