Uzumaki Fuinjutsu: Levels of Mastery

There are two fuinjutsu standards that the world go by. The common one is the general standard. This standard is more universal and maintains the generic uses and applications of fuinjutsu. This is the standard in which Jiraiya of the Sannin and the Yondaime Hokage earn their mark as seal masters. The second one is the Uzumaki standard. This  is the standard that the Uzumaki clan follow and is a standard only unique to their clan. The Uzumaki standard is considered more advanced and unconventional than the customary, and is  the  standard that marks the Uzumaki as true masters of fuinjutsu.

Fuinjutsu Rankings (Customary)

Level 1: Novice 

Applies most of the shinobi forces. It ranges from no knowledge to barely any knowledge of fuinjutsu.

Level 2: Tyro

It is a step above novice. The user understands basic seals and how to make them.

Level 3: Intermediate

Level 4: Advanced

Level 5: Master

Seal masters are often awarded with a red cord to mark their status as a fuinjutsu master.

Fuinjutsu Rankings (Uzumaki)

Level 1-2: Abecedarian

The user has no knowledge of the sealing arts and is just being introduced art of sealing. Abecedarians usually study calligraphy, ninja art theory, concept, and application.

Level 3: Catechumen

The user is a basic trainee of the sealing arts. At this level, the user begins to apply theory, application, and calligraphy into basic fuinjutsu. They begin to learn about the different types of seals and how to make them.

Level 4: Junior Apprentice

At this level, the user has the ability to draw and create seals from E to A rank in difficulty. They being to study sealing layers and matrices, and learn how to add commands to seals. They can also read seals easier and know how to decipher them.

Level 5: Senior Apprentice

The user has the  ability to write seals on any surface and can add seals to anything, including their own bodies. They have been known to be able to manifest their chakra outside of their bodies to create seal barrier (for  example, adamantine chakra chains).

Level 6-7: Alumni

Users at this level can read and sense seal signatures and have the ability to disable or deconstruct seals. They can also create cancellation seals and can redesign and reconstruct seals. They are also skilled enough to seal tailed beasts.

Level 8-9: Scholar and Disciplinary

These users are very knowledgeable in sealing concepts, theory, application, styles, layers, and combination techniques. They are certified to teach others and train students in the art of fūinjutsu. Users at this level are skilled in using fūinjutsu in combat and are able to read seals. They are able imprint seals using their chakra and can create mental graphics of a seal layout.

Level 10: Master

Uzumaki seal masters have the ability to use any type of seal with ease and can use A to SS rank seals. They are able to use the very air to write a seal and can place seals on people just by using their chakra. Sealing masters can use fūinjutsu in combat effectively and can even be fatal as an opponent. They can create seals on the spot and can even add chakra manipulation to their seals. Their ranking is marked by a dark red cord.

Fuinjutsu Levels of Mastery (Uzumaki)

Neophyte (Level I - III): 

These seal masters are skilled enough to create space-time seals and summonings. They can also create complex seals with multiple layers and matrices.

Intermediary Disciple (Level IV - VII): 

These seal masters are skilled enough to perform highly advanced and life-endangering seals. They are able to perform portal seals and summon from other realms (like the underworld).

Savant (Level VIII - X):

These seal masters are skilled enough to perform seals in the air without use of paper and sometimes ink. They are able to manipulate their chakra to change, adjust, or redefine existing seals at an instance.

Grandmaster (Level XI): 

These seal masters are skilled in all arts and areas of fūinjutsu. They can perform any type of seal easily and are known to be masters in juinjutsu, a forbidden art of fūinjutsu. They are also able to combine fuinjutsu with other ninja arts and can create seals using their chakra alone. Grandmasters are marked with a gold cord, signifying their status.

Master Techniques (or Jutsu Ōji) are techniques performed and created by seal masters that are exclusive to their ranking. Some Uzumaki secret techniques are identified as master techniques.