Uzushiogakure: Units and Divisions

Uzushiogakure has several divisions within their shinobi organization system. Each division has a different function and specialize in different aspects of military. These units are assigned generals and commanders who answer to the Uzukage. The following  units are different branches of Uzushio's military:

The Diplomatic Corps

Shinobi  active in the diplomatic corps are assigned and established in foreign embassies. They are shinobi that live overseas and are on-duty at their assigned posts as well. The Diplomatic Corps is also responsible for guarding and escorting foreign diplomats and domestic political figures when leaders travel to another country. For example, when the Uzukage or Whirpool Daimyo travels to the Land of Wave, a shinobi of the Diplomatic Corps that is  assigned to that post will escort them to meeting location or escort and guard the  family if they are out  in the village or town.

The Jonin Corps

This unit consists of jonin and tokubetsu jonin. They are led by the Jonin Commander. The jonin are responsible for the development and organization of the regular forces.  Jonin senseis are assigned teams of genin and sometimes chunin while regular jonin are assigned to other posts and given different responsibilities. Jonins are also  allowed to take  apprentices with permission from the Uzukage and they are encouraged to help out in the Academy whenever they were free.

The ANBU Black Ops (Ansatsu Senjutsu Tokushu Butai)

This unit consists of covert operatives that are special assassination and tactical squads. They are led by the ANBU Commander. Squads are led by captains and everyone answers to the Commander. While there aren't any specific rankings in the ANBU, there are different positions and identifiers in the unit. This includes trainees, regular operatives, elite ANBU, captains, and instructors. 

Members of the Black Ops wear animal masks to conceal their identities and use code names to identify each other. Each member bares a whirlpool tattoo, signifying their initiation and the tattoo also operates as a summoning. While trainees are required to live in at the headquarters, other operatives live all around Uzu No Kuni and are sometimes assigned to an island. There are no age limitations for joining the ANBU and most nominees are received by teachers at the Academy or Jonin senseis.

The Hunter-Nin Division (Oinin)

The oinin division is responsible for hunting down and disposing of missing nin. This unit is led by the Hunter-Nin Division General. There are no squads in this division and they are one of the special groups of the ANBU. This division is also seen and nicknamed the "Bounty Hunter" division since they hunt missing nin from other villages as well. Shinobi of this division are skilled trackers and specialize in assassination and medical techniques. They usually operate alone or in pairs. All operatives answer to and report to the Oinin General.

This division operates much like the Oinin division in Kiri. The only difference is that they wear blank white masks and all black uniforms. They all wear the village's symbol at the center of their forehead mask, and they are required to kill their targets on the spot and must decapitate the head of the target for proof of evidence while burning the rest of the body.

The Torture and Interrogation Unit

The purpose of the torture and interrogation unit is to interrogate prison work to gather intelligence - by any means necessary. It is mother unit of the Intelligence Division  and is seen as a  special group of the ANBU. The leader of this unit answers to the Uzukage and there are different teams within the division like the Analysis Team. Many shinobi in this unit are medical, intelligence, and logistic specialist and officers seem to be tokubetsu jonin.

The Museiyoru (Silent Night)

This unit is a special division of the ANBU Black Ops that are completely loyal and only answer to the Uzukage. They are trained by the Uzukage personally and are experts in all  ninja arts. It is one of the hardest units to be initiated in and this unit takes the most dangerous and life-threatening missions. They go through intense, special training and are known as the Uzukage's personal guard.

Members of  the Silent Night identities are unknown to anyone  except the Uzukage. They can either work alone or in a small cell. Museiyoru members also operate as sleeper cells, secret spies or terrorist agents that remain inactive within the target population until they are ordered to act. Along with the hunter-nin, they are considered the most brutal and strict units of the shinobi force. They are the strongest shinobi in the forces after the Uzukage and are required to serve for 10 years before they can leave the unit. Museiyoru are sworn to secrecy by the Uzukage and are forced to kill themselves if captured, identified, or leak information.

The Medical Corps

The medical unit is the  supporting side of the military forces. The consist of medical nin, working behind the scenes to heal sick and injured shinobi, and make sure that organization's resources are always in peak condition. They do extensive research into new techniques, medicines, diseases, and the human body. Even to jonin, the advanced skills of these shinobi seem like magic.

Some medical nin are assigned to teams in the regular forces while others are assigned to hospitals around the country. In Uzushio, every team is required to have a medical nin to increase mission success rates and some medical nin are assigned to multiple teams if there is a shortage of them. 

Medical nin in this corps are not only trained for healing, but also frontline combat. Some medical nin specialize in dokujutsu while other involve themselves in other work like veterinary work. While they do hold themselves to the four rules that governed medical nin created by Tsunade, they do not limit themselves to them. Their goal is to improve, create, and innovate the medical field and expand on iryo ninjutsu and other areas of medicine and science.

The Samurai Division

This unit consists of the samurai of the military force. This division is led by the Samurai General and everyone answers to him. The samurai division is divided up into guilds that are led by a leader called the Battousai. Some of these samurai are from the Land of Iron while others are native to Uzushio. Samurai get assigned to different posts just like shinobi and often operate as guards. They sometimes receive missions depending on  the situation. In training, they often practice kendo along with traditional kenjutsu.

There is a special group of samurai called the Central Guardians, an elite samurai guild  that specialize in kenjutsu and taijutsu. They are specially trained to combat shinobi. They wear light armor that cancels ninjutsu or genjutsu used against them (thanks to seals) and engage their opponents in close combat. They are experts on different forms of kenjutsu and observe many different schools of swordsmanship. In terms of power, they are equal to that of ANBU.

(A/N: Still under editing. Thanks!)