Sunagakure

Wiki Description

Sunagakure no Sato is the hidden village of the Land of Wind. As a village of one of the Five Great Shinobi Countries, Sunagakure has a Kage as its leader known as the Kazekage, of which there have been five in its history. Being surrounded by desert offers the village a natural deterrent against invasion, as few foreign powers would be willing to endure the sandstorms and water scarcity common to Suna. 

Sunagakure itself lies in a fortified valley behind cliffs of rock, with passage in and out of the village restricted to a single cleft between two cliff faces, making the area very hard to attack from the ground. The buildings inside seem to be made of clay or stucco, which would help to keep the buildings cool.

The standard attire for Suna shinobi consists of blue or black uniforms underneath flak jackets of various shades of beige to better blend with their natural environment and include shoulders guards. Headpieces consisting of a head-wrap and cloth neck-covers to protect against the harsh weather are popular with Suna shinobi. Many Sunagakure ninja use Wind Release techniques, which they may or may not perform with . 

Shinobi from this village believe that the accomplishment of a mission predominates the lives of the ninja trying to accomplish it. As such, they ruthlessly pursue victory in battle, and even if failure is inevitable they will still try to achieve any success against their enemy that they can. In Gaara Hiden, it has been noted that Sunagakure has been made up of various families, instead of clans.

Founder(s): The First Kazekage

Leader: The Kazekage

Important Historical Events:

The Founding of  Suna

The First Shinobi War

The Second Shinobi War

The Third Shinobi  War

The Konoha Crush

The Invasion of the Akatsuki

Clans/Families:

*The Kazekage Clan

Shirogane Clan

Hoki Family (former)

Important Events/Celebrations:

The biggest event of the year in Suna, is the Festival of Wind. It is a showcase of Sunan culture with traditional folk performances by shinobi and civilian alike. It hasn't been held in Suna for many years until Kankuro asks Gaara to hold one after he becomes Kazekage. This festival is held twice during the year in either Suna or the Wind Capital.

At the Festival of Wind, there are performers from snake charmers and puppeteers to dancers (fans) and acrobats. Musicians from all over the Wind Country come to the festival and have mind-blowing music and art installations (music: Sounds of Desert; art: desert art - colorful and abstract). Here, traditional Sunan dishes and sweets are served, and the people dress in Sunan garbs (headpieces, turbans, etc.).

Units and Divisions:

ANBU Black Ops

Nanabake: a group of renowned assassins both born and contracted by the Land of Wind and was created by Gaara and Baki after Sunagakure's alliance with Uzushiogakure.

The Six Desert Scorpions (Mutsu Sabaku Sasori): they are a group comprised of six elite individuals who are one of few selected individuals to undertake dangerous, and oftentimes suicidal, missions for the Kazekage

The Puppet Brigade (Kugutsu Butai): an organization in Sunagakure composed of Suna's elite puppeteers. After the Second Shinobi War, the group disbanded and became inactive in the shinobi forces. Years later, Kankuro reactivates the group and begins a search to recruit new members.

Population: 2/5

Military: 2/5

Economy: 3/5

Cultural Influence: Japanese (main), Arabian, Egyptian,  Indian, and/or the American Midwest

Philosophy/Doctrine: Suna Pride

Currency: Ryo and yen

Economy (type): Barter system and Currency system

*STILL UNDER EDITING*