Omake #3: The Uzumaki Clan

(Nearly ten years after the Kyuubi Attack....)

Naruto hummed to himself as he walked down a set of stairs, sinking further into the subterranean maze he had stumbled upon. There were torches on the wall that lit ablaze as soon as he entered this particular passage and made his way down the stairs. He looked at the seals that covered the walls as he descended down the steps. He didn't know what awaited him at the bottom of these stairs, but whatever it was, it had to be important.

When he arrived at the bottom of the stairs, he was met with another corridor. This one was different, though. There were doors along the hallway and at the very end, there was an circular opening with a spiral staircase that lead up toward the surface. Naruto stopped at the first door that was labeled with a word engraved in a metal plate that was written in a text unfamiliar to him.

"Li-brar-y." he slowly pronounced as he tried to grasp the old language.

He opened the door and was met by well lit room full of books and scrolls, and the place looked like it hadn't been used in a long time. There were two small desks in there with chairs that were covered in dust. This was clearly a library of the sorts.

He slowly walked into the room, drawn to the shelves like a bee to a flower. The place primarily contained books on the history and traditions of the Uzumaki Clan, the complete history of Uzushio and Uzushiogakure, journals from notable members of the clan throughout history, texts on various villages and clans in the Elemental Nations, curriculum of the Academy along with the workbooks, and village laws. When he looked on one of the two desks, he saw a large, hardcover book that read 'The Complete Laws and Bylaws of the Uzumaki Clan: Volume 1'.

He spent his time wandering the room until he finally made his way out, shutting the door behind him. He decided to walk to the room across the hall. The sign on the door read 'Fūinjutsu' which immediately caught his attention. Naruto walked into the room with a little pep in his step, giddy to see what he could discover.

This room appeared to be a little smaller than what he dubbed as the main library. The shelves were filled with more scrolls than books. The information consisted of fuinjutsu scrolls, treatises, volumes, styles, and history. There was a small section dedicated to a branch of fuinjutsu called juinjutsu. He noticed the area was heavily sealed and deduced that it probably was a secret or forbidden art. He didn't ponder on it as he walked out of the room and moved across the hall.

The next room was labeled 'Bukijutsu'. The first thing he noticed were the amount of weapons in the room. While most were swords, there were a few spears, staffs, and different blades. There were a few shelves with books and scrolls on them. Most of them were about building weapons or different katas for specific weapons. He caught a glimpse of an opened cleaning kit on a small table before leaving the room. He made a mental note to revisit their kenjutsu archives. He was still working on his style and needed some new ideas.

Naruto went to the ninjutsu room next. As soon as he entered, he quickly noticed that this room was just as large as the main library. The shelves were divided by element, wind, lightning, and water being the most common. Next to them, was a shelf dedicated to sub-elements, aoikaton and shiosuiton in particular.

There was also a section for medical ninjutsu. While the Uzumaki clan didn't have a real need for doctors, due to their regeneration factor, they steal practiced the medical arts just in case they were needed for missions. They also had a civilian ppopulation who didn't heal as quickly as they did so medical ninja weren't completely obsolete. It would explain why there were only a few Uzumaki who ventured off into the art.