Umi no Kuni

Wiki Description

The Land of the Sea is featured in episode 169 through episode 173. It consists of several islands, Hahajima being the main one. It's surrounded by three other islands; Jiro, Taro, and Demon Islands. Jiro Island is where Anko Mitarashi was abandoned and taken as a test subject for the Cursed Seal of Heaven by Orochimaru, and was eventually found by the ANBU.

Orochimaru had a hideout here, and several of his forbidden experiments were conducted here as well. One of his subordinates continued the work after Orochimaru abandoned it, leading to attacks on the local ships. It is not a prosperous nation, and relies on shinobi from Kirigakure for protection. Fifteen years after the Fourth Shinobi World War, the Land of the Sea has attempted to expand its influence, causing friction with the Land of Water, to the point the Land of Water is uneasy with signing a treaty that would give the Land of the Sea more stability.

Leader: The Sea Daimyo

Capital: none

Village: none

Important Location(s): Jiro Island; Wanshimo Bay Area

Currency: Ryo and yen

Industry(s):  Trading, Aquaculture, Fishing, Shipbuilding, and Transport

Cultural Influence(s): Japan (main), Chinese, Singaporean, and Korean

Geography:

Umi no Kuni is an archipelago that has a terrain comprised of woodlands, hills, and a few mountains. It has a subtropical climate and is usually warm year-round. Coves, cliffs, and inlets are land features that can be found along it's coasts.