Mizu no Kuni

Wiki Description

The Land of Water, also known as the "Land of Mist", is one of the Five Great Elemental Nations. It is composed of many islands, with each having its own unique traditions. The country's weather is typically cool and the islands are usually covered by mist. The islands themselves also feature many lakes. In some places, it is very cold and snows quite a bit. The nation is oriented towards the element of water. Its government leader is the Water Daimyo.

Little is currently known about the country and it apparently leaves itself out of most political affairs, which is understandable considering that it is composed of vast islands relatively remote from the continent containing the other four major countries. What is known, however, is that the country used to be ravaged by many civil wars, during which clans with kekkei genkai were used extensively, causing many to view them as harbingers of war and death, leading to purges and genocide to the point of parents killing their own children. Many clans went into hiding, such as the Yuki Clan. 

Fifteen years after the Fourth Shinobi World War, the Land of Water grew uneasy with the Land of Waves and Land of the Sea over their continued expansion, to the point of not wanting to sign a treaty that would give them further stability, even against the wishes of Kirigakure, who would also benefit from more stability.

Leader: The Water Daimyo

Capital: The Water Capital

Village: Kirigakure no Sato

Important Location(s): Nishijima Island; Tokyo (later); Hiroshima (later)

Industry(s): Spice Trade, Fishing, Agriculture, Forestry, Engineering Technology, Mariculture, and Mining

Currency: Ryo and yen

Geography:

Mizu no Kuni has a mixed terrain consisting of mountains, lakes, rivers, forests, and other landforms. Vegetation and terrain are unique to each island. The climate of this country is tropical further south while the rest of the country is rather temperate. Islands further east are more polar. This country receives much precipitation throughout the year and can reach very warm temperatures, explaining the constant mist throughout the islands, particularly the main island.