A Dead King's Damned Sister

The Pandavs along with Kunti, Abhijishya and Hidimba went inside the cave.

The scene before them baffled Abhijishya. Huge humanoid creatures were dancing in front an enormous status carved out of stone. They shouted "Jai Bhagwan Vrikodar." Their skin colours varied from ashy white to yellowish brown, reddish brown and even one or two had moss green skin.

One Rakshas having greyish brown skin sniffed the air and turned around. He was wearing animal hide as clothes and wore a lion's skull on his head. He was the only one wearing a tiger skin cloak so Abhijishya assumed him to be Hidimb. She could only estimate his height. He was definitely near 12 ft tall.

The other Rakshasas stopped dancing and turned around as well. It was disconcerting being looked at as food. They looked like salivating starved wolves.

"Well done, Hidimba

"Well done, Hidimba. Well done. I knew you would bring us our meal. Listen my brothers and sisters, leave that big human for me. GO, feast on the others," Hidimba laughed in glee.

Hidimba looked alarmed. She stepped in front of them and yelled," Wait, wait. Bhaiya, please don't kill them. Please let them go. Don't sacrifice them to Bhagwan Viktodar. Please." She pleaded.

Hidimb roared in outrage. "Have you forgotten that you are a Rakshasi? Listen to my treacherous sister. She has fallen in love with that puny big human and forgotten our ways. Humans are our archenemies Hidimba. Move aside or else I'll sacrifice you to Bhagwan Vrikodar along with them."

Bheem looked astonished on hearing that Hidimba loved him. He looked at her and seemed to be in a dilemma.

Hidimba dropped before Hidimb's feet and joined her hands. "Please Bhaiya. Let them go. Whatever you deem my punishment, I accept it but please let them leave this forest."

Hidimb grasped Hidimba by her neck and threw her against the cave wall like a rag doll.

Abhijishya winced. The Pandavs tightened their hold on their weapons.

The Rakshasas were about to attack again. This time Arjun intervened.

"Wait." He said loudly. Hidimb growled in impatience.

"You are the King of Rakshasas. How come your subjects get to have their portion of meal first?" He asked with a slight hint of smirk gracing his face.

 How come your subjects get to have their portion of meal first?" He asked with a slight hint of smirk gracing his face