Of Awaited Awakenings and Waking up

Krishna looked at his sister's pale face and unnaturally dark eyes. She was exerting herself more than he expected.

"How have you been Bhratashree? I miss Mata Devaki, Mata Rohini, all my Bhabishrees, Bhratashree Balram and everyone so much. I made friends with-" she rambled.

"Subhadra," Krishna simply said and looked expectantly at her.

Subhadra smiled. The only thing that was out worldly about her was her eyes.

Eyes like black holes, holding unknown secrets of the cosmos did not belong to the face of a ten year old girl. In that moment, she was Devi Ekanamsha.

 In that moment, she was Devi Ekanamsha

Subhadra (age 10)

"Has Krishna come to visit Subhadra or has Lord Vishnu come to visit Ekanamsha?" she asked in a melodious voice.

"Can't a brother come to visit his sister?" Krishna answered serenely.

In answer he received, a pleasant smile.

"What can this sister to for her brother than?" she replied.

"Abhijishya is meant for great things, my sister. Let her fly free and not be caged," Krishna said calmly.

"But I have not caged Abhijishya. She has caged herself. I have woven my illusions as such that only one who knows their own self can break free," she answered with a smile.

"It takes sages years of austere meditation to truly know themselves. Yet you chose to unravel her yourself," Krishna remarked.

"Have asked her to call you by your name? Not the one given to a part of your divine consciousness that had adorned a mortal shroud but the name that was given to you in your form that exists beyond time," she asked with a faraway look.

"I have not. She has chosen to call me what she pleases as she had done when she was a mere child. What have you found when you looked at her in your divine form?"he asked curiously.

"It is what I have not seen, my Lord. It is what I have felt. She burns with equal amounts of Brahma's rajas (passion, active, confused), your sattvas (goodness, constructive, harmonious) and Shiva's tamas (darkness, destructive, chaotic). Her one utterance compelled me to discard the limitations of my mortal body and reach beyond. Yet she escaped your eyes that see everything," she said.

Krishna looked thoughtful. "Her mind is unaware of the soul. It astounds me that I have neither knowledge nor memory of such entity who carries the three gunas in perfect balance. Only one comes in mind. Adi Parashakti. You, Devi, in your divine form before the existance of time."

Subhadra closed her eyes and opened them. Her face was now gaunt and dark circles shadowed her eyes. But her eyes were now two dying stars.

"Hey Narayan, the preserver of this cosmos, you know even I do not carry the gunas in perfect harmony. Hence, my need to exist in many forms. We, the primodial deities who remain even after time were not aware of the entity that carries rajas, sattvas and tamas in harmony. Does it not make you ponder how have we lost her that we have forgotten her existence?" asked she.