Bonds of Love and Blood

The grandiose of Dwarka was entirely awe inspiring for Abhijishya. It was beautiful and elegant. There were no unnecessary statues or excessive gold emblazoned sculptures brandished like Hastinapur. Everything was rather sophisticated. There were intricate carvings into the walls which looked like story narratives. Beautiful chandeliers hung from the ceiling every few meters for sufficient lighting.

"Come inside, putri. You'll get enough time to look around the palace later," Mata Devaki said.

Abhijishya blushed slightly at being caught gawking around. They were led inside a dining hall.

"You all must be tired from your journey. I think it would be better if you eat something first. Then you could depart for your arranged chambers to rest," Pitashree Vasudev said.

Abhijishya and Nakul smiled gratefully. All the men sat down at the table. Despite being hungry, she remained standing along with the ladies. Abhijishya felt shy all of a sudden. She also didn't want to seem audacious to Mata Devaki and Pitashree Vasudev.

"Areh, why are standing there? Come sit beside me. I know you haven't eaten anything since morning," Krishna said.

Abhijishya shook her head and laughed awkwardly. "I am not hungry. It's fine." Her stomach grumbled as if on cue. She blushed in embarrassment and willed the ground beneath to swallow her up.

Krishna chuckled. "Your stomach seems to have other ideas."

Abhijishya was torn between glaring at him and running away.

"Kanha, don't tease our sister," Baldau reprimanded. Krishna sent an apologetic look. He then said kindly," Won't you dine with us, sister?"

She didn't know why she was feeling so very flustered from everyone's easy acceptance. "I-umm," she stuttered.

Nakul looked at her in confusion. His Abhijishya was usually very confident and out spoken. She looked at him with nervousness clear in her eyes.

Revati put her hand on Abhijishya's shoulder and offered a comforting smile. Abhijishya sighed and decided to just speak her mind.

"Back in Hastinapur, once I sat down to dine along with all the Kuru Princes, Maharaj and Pitamaah. That time I couldn't understand Sanskirt so I am not sure what the Kauravs said but I am sure they thought I was purposefully disrespecting them or something. Later Mata Kunti said that in Aryavart, women always eat after men. I don't really understand why because hunger is hunger you know. But I guess as men here generally are the food earners and soldiers so it is more important to satisfy their hunger. Yea that must be it," Abhijishya nodded thoughtfully then panicked realising she skidded off topic a bit.

"Sorry, when I am nervous I generally tend to ramble. Not that I am nervous right now," she waved her hands then abruptly dropped them. "Uh- sorry, I didn't mean to wave my hands like that. I swear I am not like this most of the times. What I am trying to say is I don't want to seem impudent by sitting along with you all. Also Mata Devaki, Mata Rohini and Bhabishrees are serving food. I should help them. If I just sit down and not help, I'll feel bad."

Looking at the amused face of Gopal, Abhijishya burrowed her face in her hands. "I am totally making a fool of myself."

Vasudev understood that Abhijishya must be feeling very nervous on meeting them. "Putri Abhijishya has given an excellent suggestion. Let us all dine together." He addressed the das and dasis. "Make arrangements for the ladies."

Soon the adequate arrangements were made and everyone settled down. Abhijishya sat beside Nakul while the others took their places beside their husbands.