Chapter 1

"The rogues have been captured, Alphas."

I exchanged a glance with my mate and sighed.  "Let's see who they are shall we?"

As I stood, Apollo frowned.  "They could be dangerous."

I smirked.  "I do hope so."

Ezekiel sighed.  "Can you not want to fight?  They were just passing through."

I pursed my lips.  "For the last 3 days?  Our territory is not that big."

He shook his head.  "Maybe they got lost."

I stroked his cheek.  "You think the best of everyone, Love.  Let's go talk to them first, blood later."  We went to the holding cells and I glanced at my brother.  "Well damn, can't kill them."

Ezekiel looked at me curiously, but we stood before the cell where two children were cowering in the corner a young girl kneeling protectively in front of them.  Ezekiel raised his eyebrows.  "You are aware that you've been in our territory?"

She sneered.  "Who cares we weren't hurting anyone, your forest has a good supply of food and water.  I'm sure you haven't been missing it."

I smirked, kneeling to her level, her scent was light and her eyes dangerous.  "What are your names, rogue?"

She growled.  "Stay away from us.  I know who you are."

I smiled.  "That's good.  Then you know I'd have little problems ending your lives.  Your name or something to call you by, I can't call you rogue your entire time here."

She hesitated.  "You're not going to kill us."

I sighed.  "Despite my illustrious reputation, we do not harm without cause or kill without reason.  You haven't given me reason."

I heard Xavier's soft sigh of relief.  "Lucinda... my name is Lucinda."

I nodded, knowing it was a lie.  "Well Lucinda, you obviously have no pack or anywhere to go.  We can assist with the latter at the very least."

Her face turned hard.  "I won't join a pack of murders."

I chuckled.  "Is that what we are?  Good thing I never said anything about joining besides two packs live here so you have options if you so choose later.  You're young, with two small children with you.  I'm offering you a place to stay and not having to worry about were your next meal is coming from."

Her eyes widened.  "Why?"

I shrugged.  "You caught me in a good mood."

She narrowed her eyes.  "This is a trick."

I tilted my head.  "I don't deal in lies and tricks.  You and yours will not be harmed in any way and you are free to go when you see fit."

She fell silent her eyes flicking to my twin every so often as she thought.  "Just until we can get on our feet."

I turned my head slightly.  "Beta, see to it that they have rooms, clothes, and are fed."  He nodded and started to leave, pausing at the door to have one last look at the girl.  "Zoey, come to see to them."

Jordan hesitated.  "They cou-"

I raised my eyebrows, he averted his gaze, and opened the cell, letting my little sister in.  She smiled sweetly.  "I will see to your hurts."

Derek was right behind her.  "Don't try anything crafty."

Lucinda frowned at him.  "We won't bite the hand that feeds us."