Dragmire's War - Meeting Disaster

-Hei-

"It's so quiet." Hei murmured. This place gave him chills. "What could have happened?"

"Who knows..." Tou whispered.

The unit walked around the bend, continuing to check the corpses for any living. The fact they had yet to find a single survivor was chilling. Before long they came across a still intact tree. Sitting against this tree was another man. Someone ran ahead to check. He reached the person, looked at him, and turned to yell.

"He's alive! Come an-" Blood exploded from his neck as his head fell from his shoulders, and his body crumbled to the ground.

The men stopped, stunned into silence. They did not quite believe what they were seeing. One moment their buddy was alive, and the next he was dead before them. It was surreal. Not just at the suddenness of it, but the ease at which it was done. There was no fight, no combat... just death.

A couple of men in the front raised their spears. "What the- Who are you!"

The man at the tree rose to his feet and turned to notice them. His hair was glowing red, his eyes were as flame, his skin was dark, and in his hand was a gigantic black blade. He wore no armor, but was bare chested. Across his entire torso was a massive wound, one that looked lethal, but had recovered with time.

The man lifted his blade, swung, and before the unit's eyes... everyone in front exploded in a spray of blood and body parts. Their armor did not offer any resistance, and he cut through them as easily as leaves.

"What the-" Hei murmured.

-Link-

Link could not shake the feeling there was still Zhao near, so he hoped to have a better view. There, Link found one man still alive, sitting in mute horror.

"Hey!" Link ran up to the soldier. "Are you okay! Are you wounded?" The man did not answer. His eyes were wide and filled with horror. He did not appear wounded, but Link felt he was wounded deeply in the soul.

As Link neared, the man's eyes suddenly snapped to meet his, and his eyes widened only further. "Relax! I'm of Qin." Link put his hands up.

"I... saw it." The man whispered.

"Saw what? The battle? Did the Zhao do this?"

"The Zhao?" the man chuckled in broken horror. "If only it was... No! It was something worse... A huge man slaughtered us all by himself."

"One man did this by himself?..." Link asked, not believing it.

"I assure you. If I had not seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have been able to believe it either."

"Where did he go?"

"That way." The man pointed shakily.

Link's eyes widened. That way was where his unit was.

"Shit!" Link started to run, but the man reached out and grabbed him.

"Don't! Don't go! You will only get yourself killed! The man! He's inhuman! He's a monster!"

"I don't care! My friends are down there! If you don't let me go I will cut your hands off!" Link yelled.

The man released him, and Link ran as fast as his legs could carry him.

-Hei-

The dark-skinned man swung his blade again, and another set of men exploded in blood as their torso was removed from their waist. Most of the unit in the back was left confused, but those who saw it were struck dumb with horror.