Rebel's War - The Rebellious Hero

-Later-

The others did not spend much longer talking with Ganondorf before departing. They quickly met up with the Guardian who then resealed the platform over the prison. Nabooru and Geoffrey went on ahead to the exit, not needing a guide in the dark, while the Elder Fae and Link tarried a bit behind. Link studied everything in the torch light: the layered pedestal, the center sword, and most of all, the single green torch. It spoke to him in some way.

"This place reminds me of your grove," Link observed.

"How so?" The Fae Elder inquired.

"That house in your grove didn't collect dust either. It has a similar vibe to it." Link's head almost swiveled to look at everything. "This place resonates with something in me... I can feel it."

The Guardian turned enough to glance at Link but said nothing.

The Elder said, "You are correct in your assumption. There is a divine holiness here that is similar to our groves. It is a sacred site I have visited from time to time. As you bear the Mark of Farore, you would feel it."

"You bear the Mark of the Triple Goddess?" The Guardian asked.

"I-I do," Link stuttered. He blushed and covered his hand. He found it a bit nerve wracking to be put in the spotlight over something like this.

"Then you are the one I sensed using the Gift of Farore yesterday?"

"You felt that?"

"Of course I did," The Guardian answered. "I would recognize the sensation anywhere." He put an uncovered hand up, and Link gasped. A triangle glowed on it. But while Link's triangle was whole, the Guardian's triangle was only an outline.

-Zelda-

The Shadowmaster had taken Zelda to a side room in the prison and closed the door. He put his hand on the door and a faint black mist fell over it. It was Twilight magic.

"How to explain..." He swallowed and turned to face her. "How much do you know of the fall of Hyrule?"

Zelda knew the gist of the story for years. "The Wise Tyrant, Demon King, and Rebellious Hero made war. The Wise Tyrant was killed, the other two disappeared, and Hyrule collapsed into thousands of factions."

"That is right. The three fought, but did you know that all three were champions of their respective goddess? They bore the Mark you bear now." The Shadowmaster pointed at her hand. "That mark has birthed many names, and some would go to say it is passed down to champions chosen by the Goddess... But our records show this is not true. The Marks are not passed on to new guardians. Rather, the spirits of the guardians are reborn anew. You, as the champion of Nayru, are the same champion in spirit and soul as every past champion of Nayru. In like manner, the champion of Din and the champion of Farore are the same as they have always been. The person never truly changes. You three are reborn again and again in a never-ending cycle."

"For you see," He continued," The war between the Twilight and Divine was not just between the Goddesses, but between their creations. The minions of Twilight consume one another to become strong, and only the strongest five can be amongst their pantheon. To truly defeat the Twilight, you must destroy them from the highest to lowest power. In contrast, the Goddesses created three celestial spirits to lead their creations on their behalf. These spirits were named Wisdom, Courage, and Power. The Divine defeated the Twilight's greatest, but the rest of the Twilight would not fall without a fight. It eventually tainted the spirit of power, appealing to it with their mutual understanding of power. They instilled the Twilight's vengeance and hatred within the Spirit of Power, and this set everything out of motion.