Majora's War - Snakes

-Ganondorf-

The battle did not last much longer. The remaining monsters were defeated by the champions and the combined horsemen of the Majora and Qin. The Twilight were slaughtered to the last. The combined forces of the Qin, Majora, and Fae entered the remains out Jouket.

Ganondorf walked the streets he remembered. All around him were ruins. The sight of them made his heart ached, because in his eyes, they were a reflection of himself. He felt a ruined fire in him, and a crumbling foundation in his soul. Despite the momentary amusement being around Link provided, he couldn't shake off the aching in his heart and pain of silence Din had rewarded him with.

Something in the air struck his nostrils and Ganondorf stopped. He sniffed the air. It was not fire and ashe that he smelled. It was not bodies or blood. It was something primal, something that touched and resonated with his heart almost acidly sweetly. He did not recognize it. He had never smelled it before. The mark of the twilight pantheon on his left hand creeped to the surface, and he approached the source of the smell.

Amidst the burnt ruins of a building were a pair of men. The first was a Dragmire, bloodied and bruised. The latter was perhaps the whitest man Ganondorf had ever seen. He had seen men with a dark color, men with a pink color, and men with a slightly more yellowish-white color, but never had he seen a man whose skin was as the whitest snow off the top of a mountain. Ganondorf almost wondered if he was a snowman.

The snowman looked back at Ganon, and for a moment, Ganon felt himself pulled into the incredible depths of the orbs. Emotions stirred in Ganondorf's gut as he descended into the dark well. Anger, hate, but most of all, hunger.

Why are you so full of anger?

Because his goddess had abandoned him.

Why has she abandoned you?

Because he was a demon.

Yet you feel this is unjust? Anger is an emotion driven by the belief that one is dealt with unjustly.

He had begged and prayed and pleaded and worked every day for a hundred days. He had sacrificed a hundred animals. He had built one hundred altars. He did all of this because he wanted to be devoted, to be saved, and his goddess' answer was silence, contempt, and ultimately damnation. Nothing he did mattered. He didn't want to be a demon. He had hoped she didn't want that either.

You don't deserve such silence. You don't deserve contempt and damnation from one to whom you have given such loyalty. You have been betrayed.

Betrayed. Ganondorf felt rage and anger fill his veins.

The snowman blinked. Ganondorf blinked in surprise. Reality slammed into him and he stumbled, feeling he had been daydreaming. Yes, he had been daydreaming! That is the only thing that could make sense.

"Sir!" The snowman pleaded. "Please, help us! My friend, the house fell on him and he hasn't awakened yet!"

Remembering himself, Ganondorf stepped forward. "Do not worry. The army is near. It is good we found another Dragmire. Are you his friend?"

"Yes, I know him well. Almost like a brother, you could say."

"Come, we are leaving the city. It is not safe here." Ganondorf lifted up the hurt Dragmire and started out the door.

"Thank you, thank you! You are a good and kind man!"

"I don't know about that," Ganondorf grunted. The man's sweet tongue slightly annoyed him, but at the same time, he couldn't deny it. It was a good thing to help the injured. It was not something he was accustomed to doing, but he wanted to help his people, to save the Dragmire, and in so doing, to save himself.