Chapter 3

"Hey, how was detention with Umbridge and Potter?" Draco asked, sitting next to me at one of the tables in the common room while I did homework.

"It was fine. She just made us write lines." I told him.

"That's it? Wow, she went pretty easy on you two. I thought she would have put you through hell." He said surprised at what I told him.

"Yeah, we were pretty surprised by it too." I told him. We both stayed quiet for a few minutes while I finished up what I was writing.

"Hey, do you wanna go do something?" He asked me.

"It's past curfew. What are we going to do?"

"Just trust me." He said with a smirk then closed my textbook and grabbed my right hand to have me follow him.

He pulled me out of the common room, and he dragged me up the stairs out of the dungeons.

"Draco, where are we going? I really don't wish to get detention again." I whispered, not wanting to get caught and go through that pain again.

"Just trust me okay. We'll be there soon." He said, still dragging me up some more stairs.

We eventually made it up to the astronomy tower and he pulled me to sit down with him at the edge to look out at the stars and the beautiful view.

"Wow, this is amazing." I said in awe.

"I come up here to think a lot at night. The professors never think to check up here, so I've never been caught." He said turning to look at me.

"Well this view is really beautiful; I can understand why you would come up here a lot."

"Yeah, it really is beautiful." He said never looking away from me. I turned to him to see that sly smirk he has a lot causing me to laugh and look down at my lap.

"What happened to your hand?" he asked grabbing my left hand from my lap.

"It's nothing." I told him pulling my hand away before he could fully see it.

"Come on, let me see it." He said grabbing my wrist again but tighter this time so I can't pull away. He moves my sleeve to get a better look and his eyes widen at what he saw carved into the back of my hand.

"Bloody hell Haley, what is this about?"

"I said it's nothing." I got frustrated trying to pull my hand away, but he wouldn't let me go.

"That's rubbish Haley. Why do you have 'I am nothing' carved into your hand?" He said also getting frustrated with me.

I finally stopped struggling and let out a sigh before looking away from Draco.

"Haley, please tell me you didn't purposely hurt yourself." He said now getting really concerned.

"It was Umbridge." I mumbled but he still heard it.

"What?"

"I told you she made us write lines for detention. I just left out the fact that she made us write them with her blood quills." I said looking at him finally. He went from shocked to angry really quick.

"I'm gonna kill the bitch."  He snapped standing up. I had stopped him before he could fully leave though.

"Draco it's fine. You don't have to do anything." He turned to me again then grabbed my hand to get a closer look at it.

"It looks really deep." He said before looking into my eyes. "Does it hurt?"

"Yeah, a little." I said before he lightly rubbed his thumb over it causing me to hiss in pain. "Okay, a lot. But not as bad as it did earlier. It's already healed quite a bit."

"You mean it had been deeper than this?" he asked really concerned now. All I could do to answer him was nod my head yes, which made him angrier.

"That bitch." He said turning around to lean against the railing that looks out over everything.

"I promise you that I'm fine." I said joining him to look out at the view. "It was nothing I couldn't handle. In fact, that's why it's so deep, because I wouldn't give her the satisfaction of seeing me in pain."

He chuckled at that then fully turned towards me and I did the same.

"Are you sure you're okay?" he asked searching my eyes to make sure I don't lie to him.

"Positive." I gave him a smile.

He kept looking into my eyes for a few more seconds then took a step closer to me. Before I knew it he started leaning in and I did the same, but then...

"Ahem"

We both quickly pulled away from each other and turned to see Severus at the top of the stairs.

"What are you two doing up here?" He asked kind of mad. "It is two hours past curfew and you both know the rules."

"Sorry professor." Draco said.

"Sorry sir." I said not wanting to look at him.

"I better not catch you doing this again or I won't hesitate to give my star pupil and my own daughter detention. Do I make myself clear?" Severus asked.

"Yes." We both said not wanting to make eye contact with him.

He looked between the two of us before noticing my hand.

"Haley, what is that on your hand?" He asked no longer mad. I put my hand behind my back before he could fully see it.

"It's nothing sir." I said finally looking up at him.

"Is that so." Severus said taking a step closer to me. When he saw I wasn't going to budge he sighed then turned to Draco. "Mr. Malfoy, will you please escort my daughter back to her dorm? And I recommend you go back to yours afterwards."

"Yes professor." Draco said putting his hand on my back to push me past Severus and led us to my dorm.